1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dominating my conversations!!!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Terryrhino, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Terryrhino

Terryrhino Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love your story he sounds great pure motivation

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Terryrhino

@Japes amazing 8 stone is amazing and hell yeah good for you it's now 10:45 and I've been to the local for a few glasses of wine to watch the football and instead of a kebab I'm cooking tomorrow's egg bacon pepper cream and cheese bake for breakfast because I know it's good for me

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Terryrhino

The Medal is yours for such a lovely post @callyandy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. MikeTurin

MikeTurin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    Especially if you really really like a pizza and a Chantilly cake but you are eating with the handbrake pulled.

By the way I know a really nice vegan woman that knows how to cook and is not pushy at all , we can talk together about recipes an diabetes without problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. callyandy

callyandy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yup, loosing the weight is a great side effect of this lifestyle change. 3 more isn't too ambitious. I've read that we can stall at some point, but my view is just keep doing what you're doing and it will all come good ☺️

• Like Like x 2
  6. callyandy

Awe thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terryrhino

Good for you I love your attitude keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. callyandy

Especially if you really really like a pizza and a Chantilly cake but you are eating with the handbrake pulled.

By the way I know a really nice vegan woman that knows how to cook and is not pushy at all , we can talk together about recipes an diabetes without problems.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know I shouldn't generalise. To be honest I don't envy vegans. Couldn't do it myself. If I were not type 2 not on Meds, the closest I could come to vegan would be a diet of walkers cheese and onion crisps. Rats blown it already. Cheese. D'oh!!!

#48 callyandy, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:14 PM
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  9. callyandy

By the way I've lost 20lb and want to loose perhaps another 3 stone too. I'd say race ya, but that un does all I said above . Keep me posted though. There's a Friday weigh in thread somewhere...

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Parisemo

Parisemo Type 1 · Active Member

Ok its early days for you, but diabetes is livable. You will soon learn the amount of carbs you need, most meats and vegatables are free in the correct portions and the way they are cooked. Just read the amount of sugar in foods ie:- low fat yogurt, that kind of thing. You will be surprised of the amount of sugar in so many foods. Life is what you make it. Think diabetes is easy to live with, you can do sport anything you put your mind to. Do not let it rule your life, you are in charge not it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MarkE

MarkE Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ho boy.

Friend, I'm an Aspie- and can bore for Britain, any subject you care to mention. Still, your need to talk will pass. I'd not worry!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Angelofthemarches

Angelofthemarches Type 2 · Well-Known Member

13. Interaud

Interaud Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You are not alone my friend - 2 years later for me, and I try to make light of my "incidents" but even jovial doesn't work with those nearest and dearest to me - they just turn deaf or ignore. Thank goodness for the Forum where you at least get a response to your inner, perhaps scary, but well needed reassurance. I'm so glad I joined, the Forum and I'm sure you will slowly but surely grow in confidence. Would be so good to have backing and understanding of friends and family tho' - I'm still working on it without giving them the Zzzzzzzzz!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

no way mate I'm down just over 7 1/2 stone in the past year.. (then again I started at nearly 23..)

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Angelofthemarches

I am finding it tricky because my daughter is recovering from an eating disorder and I am trying not to mention me struggling from time to time with the lchf plan. Also feel so guilty and think if I had managed my own eating better maybe she would have had an easier time. But I am over 3 months since diagnosis and have, apart from a few blips, stuck to lchf eating and wearing the freestyle libre most of the time. I find it invaluable since as long as I keep scanning, I just can't ignore the food or exercise!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Angelofthemarches

Wow well done!!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. hooha

hooha Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's a serious disease. You are right to think about it and concentrate on the situation and your new life habits. Gradually you will find it less important to tell strangers about your ' problem ' . Try the Samaritans for a chat if needed !

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook