dont think i eat enough hungry all time ?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The OP is struggling to understand anything at the moment. Too many links will confuse her more. We should keep it simple for now.

Reactions: 3 people
C

catherinecherub

This thread is a bit confusing as we have the OP and another poster being given answers to their questions.
Rather than include yourself in this thread @Emie why don't you start a post of your own and tell us about yourself, why, as a Type1 you do not use insulin and any questions that you have.

Reactions: 4 people

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
Don't have insulin. Haven't taken insulin since September last year. Yet been diagnosed as type 1. Asked them if I am defo type 1 or type 2 and they say "were not sure" . Really don't get it but my results every te
I check blood are between 4 and 8 so not that bad was only diagnosed last august .

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Don't have insulin. Haven't taken insulin since September last year. Yet been diagnosed as type 1. Asked them if I am defo type 1 or type 2 and they say "were not sure" . Really don't get it but my results every te
I check blood are between 4 and 8 so not that bad was only diagnosed last august .

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry for sending a reply. New to all this yet not a nice thing to say. Thank you for that. Don't know a single person with diabetes so thought coming on here would be nice.

Thank you to others that were nice. Will keep reading posts but now will keep my gob shut!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for sending a reply. New to all this yet not a nice thing to say. Thank you for that. Don't know a single person with diabetes so thought coming on here would be nice.

Thank you to others that were nice. Will keep reading posts but now will keep my gob shut!
Not at all, don't you worry. I find it rather intriguing with a middle aged T1 who tolerates that amount of carbs. You actually should start a thread of your own about it Emie or we will confuse the OP further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Feel free to speak.
You'll get the hang and the mood of the place better if you join in.
Please join in!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

please don't. no one is having a shot at you and it's easy to get the wrong end of the written word

Reactions: 4 people

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What's OP? I'm sorry I just don't understand all of this

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OP original poster. Took me a long time to know that.
Yes we are nice.

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So if OP does that mean I can't have an input? So which topics can I join in? .

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm as confused also Dibbles. I did ask them if they knew for sure wether I am type 1 or type 2 and her reply was no. Surely they must know.

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm as confused also Dibbles. I did ask them if they knew for sure wether I am type 1 or type 2 and her reply was no. Surely they must know.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can join in any. But if you want to talk about something different or ask questions of your own, start a new thread where you will get everyone's attention.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
im type 2 dietbetic on glilizide one aday the diabetic nurse said cut down on sugars and portions and eat all brown bread brown rice pasta just hand full lowfat youghurts ect healthy diet said can have odd biscuit cake ect but on special occasions ? said itsbascially lowfat healthy diet no sugars plenty fruit veg this what i been doing said got test blood 1st thing in morning and got be between 4.5 - no higher than 8 im usually around 6.4 what im struggling with is the hunger in between meals
today
breakfast 2 piece toast brown bread small
dinner small bowl spaghetti bolganaize (cereal bowl size )
tea ham sandwitch and banana
snack 1 sm pear
that it now until tomorrow
Doesn't sound like you eat enough to me.
I'd be constantly hungry on that amount.
Eating full fat foods ... yoghurt butter etc .... none of this semi skimmed fat free stuff will fill you up and help you lose weight and control you blood sugars and lower your cholesterol.
I know how crazy that sounds because I didn't believe it either when I first arrived here.
But by ignoring the doctors and nurses I've lost weight and become much healthier.

Go to this page and read all the way to the bottom .... slowly.
Read it more than once like go back to it another day.
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
Keep coming back and asking questions.
I've just had a snack of pork scratchings .... almost 100% fat.
Very tasty and very healthy for me.
Fat doesn't make you fat.
Sugar makes you fat.
High carb foods .... rice bread spuds noodles all breakfast cereals are converted to glucose very fast inside you ... that's what you want to avoid .... it's what you're measuring on your meter.
Nurse will tell you weetabix is best ... it's not.
Once it has cinverted rapidly to glucose it will make you hungry shortly afterwards.
Carbs fill you up but leave you empty feeling very fast so weetabix and such foods actually make you hungry.
Stick with us and it will start to make sense.

C

catherinecherub

Nobody told you to shut your mouth, it is just that the OP is confused enough and really needs the thread to help her. As I suggested earlier, if you need any help or want to tell us about yourself then start a new thread here.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/greetings-and-introductions.20/

At the top of this page on the RH side, there is a green oblong for you to use to start a new thread.

pinkzeezee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask question if I was going eat bread like 2 slice a day if needed what best bread to eat burden

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok thank you DeeJayR much appreciated :)

Reactions: 2 people