dont think i eat enough hungry all time ?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
So if OP does that mean I can't have an input? So which topics can I join in? .
Normally everyone joins in freely but someone was concerned that the original thread starter would get even more confused about all this than she already seems.
It can be very difficult to get your head around hearing the opposite of what the doctors and other so called experts are telling you when you first arrive here.
Your case is an unusual and not very clear cut one at the moment so may well add to the confusion.
Welcome to the funny farm by the way.
This place probably saved me a lot of misery.

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
Thank you Jack412 :). Bit unsure as what to write to start a thread lol.

pinkzeezee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So just need cut out bread rice pasta cereals low fat foods Vegetables grown under ground out my diet and eat veg meats yoghurt salads eggs fish nuts. Fruit occasionally

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
Thank you too Jackthelad. :)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So just need cut out bread rice pasta cereals low fat foods Vegetables grown under ground out my diet and eat veg meats yoghurt salads eggs fish nuts. Fruit occasionally
Yep, you are getting close. Only include some olive oil, butter, cheese and such and you'll be fine.

C

catherinecherub

Have you got a meter? The only way that you are going to know what you can and cannot eat is to test before and after meals.
Some people can only eat 20 carbs per day and some can eat as many as 150 per day. It is all trial and error to see for yourself what is ideal for you.
Keep a food diary and include everything you eat and drink and you will eventually know your limitations.

Don't get too hung up on getting everything right straight away, it usually takes a few weeks to sort out your eating plan.
Keep letting us know how things are going, your readings and what you ate and people will chip in to help you. This is a marathon and not a sprint and remember that stress, exercise/or lack of, infections, etc.. will affect your readings. Try and make sure you drink more water but most of all this is a learning curve and some days you will get a rogue reading for no apparent reason.

Take care and keep calm is my advice for now.

PS with regard to the bread, some can eat Burgen Soya and Linseed, some Hovis seeded, some nimble, some none so you have to do the testing.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Jack412 :). Bit unsure as what to write to start a thread lol.
just copy the posts you have put here and make it your start post..it will flow from there :)

pinkzeezee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ty Ty everyone think I got just of it now ill start tomorrow and keep u all posted sorry to have asked so many questions don't now anyone diabetic and it seems the nurse been grieving me bad advice if I ask to many plz just say I'm bit slow to understand but do get there in the end

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jack I think I understand u now think I got it it starting to make sense
to be honest there is a lot of info to get your head around, take your time and reread the posts here, a second reading will highlight different things that were missed when first read.

a video is a good way too, you adjust to your carb tolerance

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I've discovered some nice easy microwave veg that comes in wee bags at Aldi.
A minute in the micro and it still has a bit of crisp and crunch and I then grill cheese on top of it.
Serve it up with sausages chops bacon whatever takes your fancy and you'll soon discover that spuds and rice etc are not essential.
We have hypnotised ourselves into what is essential and normal and it doesn't have to be that way.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Remember bacon turkey and chicken are fine as well :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
And ask as many questions as you want.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you too Jackthelad. :)
Hang in there Emie.
I only found this site two weeks ago, and so far have had lots of help and support.
I've been jumping in on all sorts of threads, does it matter not a jot.
You must be very confused at the moment.
I am sending you a BIG HUG!
Please don't go, your story sound unusual, and I'm sure we can all learn from you.
Have a good night sleep and back to us tomorrow. ;-)

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Bit unsure as what to write to start a thread lol.

Click on Forums and you will see a list of the forums relevant to what you want to post, when you click on that forum (say the Type 1 section) you will see Post New Thread in the top right hand corner, when you click on that you can begin to start your own thread.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
@sanguine are you around with the excellent advice?

Hi @Totto , a bit late to this thread and I didn't get any notification for the tag!

@pinkzeezee I think I've already posted on some of your other threads, but have a read of the first link in my sig below in particular. Low carbing is the key and fat is not the enemy despite decades of so-called health experts telling us it is.

Trudi Deakin's book (also linked below) is also a very good intro.

Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
As with the OP, feeling hungry is part of the downside of diabetes.
My gargantuan appetite and consequent substantial trouser size certainly contributed to my current T2 diagnosis.
Being hungry is part of trying to reset my "stomach full" sensors, it's also a part of metabolising some of my adipose tissue.
The OP's diet does seem limited, with a fair amount of carbs.
At the moment I am reducing carbs and continuing to have plenty of vegetables.
My pre-diagnosis diet was fairly low fat. I know that fat contributes to satiety, but have yet to work out whether increasing the fat in my diet is right for me. Raw cabbage slaw is great for filling the tum tum.