Don't want to live like this anymore!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yes sometimes i suspect insulin resistance, sometimes low insulin problem. Also i had series of test too, stress treadmills test, echo 2d both were normal. My cholesterol and triglycerides were normal too. Cholesterol was 123 and triglycerides was 75. Its been since one year, so my gp and all cardiologist i referred to said i don't have heart problem. And at my age they don't want to do more test. They clearly said they won't be doing any test further as it is not indicated.
With low c peptides i do suspect that is not about less sensitivity problems but more low insulin prob. Moreover i have never had dawn phenomenon. That thing always bugs me.
Looking at those results, you still have nothing wrong. Have you had any therapy yet? or anxiety meds? or discussed the anxiety with your medical team? What did they say?

You have been advised on here to address your anxiety for some time now.

If you haven't discussed your anxiety with your GP at least, why not?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Veryanxious I do believe I have said this to you before. STOP wanting to be type 1! It really is a poop disease to be having!
I really believe you need to see your GP to try and get some help for your anxiety.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Not yet, some issue with blood sugar but diabetes is not indicated yet also as per my doctors.

Your use of the words, not yet and not indicated yet, says it all, as you have been here a few times with the same threads, you do not have diabetes, so please seek help via your GP or MIND, asap.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Veryanxious I do believe I have said this to you before. STOP wanting to be type 1! It really is a poop disease to be having!
I really believe you need to see your GP to try and get some help for your anxiety.

Many of us have been through these type of threads before and it doesn't seem to be getting through, so, so sad.
I wouldn't wish type 1 diabetes on anyone :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: porl69

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It all sounds awful.
I have a feeling that your anxiety is one of your biggest issues.
Anxiety can do funny things to you. Heart rate can go up, bs can go up if stressed.
I wonder if something like this is happening;
You feel anxious about eating. You eat the 'wrong' type of food. You panic, your heart rate and bs might go up, you panic some more and off you go again.
I'm also wondering what you see as high bs at the moment as that's causing anxiety too.

This same cycle is probably happening all the time as you seem hyper-vigilant. Noticing every part of your body and how it feels at every moment.

You definitely need to get symptoms checked but while you are there, please ask to talk to someone about your anxiety. You must be exhausted!
I am very exhausted mentally, have been hoping from one doc to another. I hope to relieved of his soon. Thanks for advise.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at those results, you still have nothing wrong. Have you had any therapy yet? or anxiety meds? or discussed the anxiety with your medical team? What did they say?

You have been advised on here to address your anxiety for some time now.

If you haven't discussed your anxiety with your GP at least, why not?
Not sure whats with pains in neck while walking.
I was ok with bg and don't really worry about it much as i keep fairly low carb.
One of the cardiologist did refer me to a psychiatrist she started mentioning my diet and told me stop eating low carb and pointed me to nutritionfacts.org. i stopped to her on next appointment. The therapy are very costly, i am kind of avoiding them. I will probably have to go to meds route which i have been avoiding since 2 years.
I am trying to find a good psychiatrist who would help me with everything.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I certainly don't want type 1 or even 2. I don't want any disease. But i keep getting symptoms. I am looking for help for my mental state.

mouseee

Getting help for mental health is the most important thing.

I was advised by my GP to use the Mood Gym website which is free. It helps with anxiety and depression. That could give you something to support you while you find the right person in real life.

Reactions: AloeSvea

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I certainly don't want type 1 or even 2. I don't want any disease. But i keep getting symptoms. I am looking for help for my mental state.

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't diagnose you on this forum. Your results from the multiple tests look promising that you are not a diabetic.

Your psychological & emotional state at this time needs more focus regarding evaluation..
I wish you all the very best regarding coming to terms & resolving your emotional issues.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again. I can't remember whether I have mentioned this before but do contact a local branch of Mind if you have one. I do volunteer support for my local Mind in Herts (not the mental health aspect but help with IT). They do a fantastic job for a wide range of mental health issues. The branches vary of course but worth seeing what is available.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again. I can't remember whether I have mentioned this before but do contact a local branch of Mind if you have one. I do volunteer support for my local Mind in Herts (not the mental health aspect but help with IT). They do a fantastic job for a wide range of mental health issues. The branches vary of course but worth seeing what is available.
Thanks for the suggest, I don't believe we have such branch here in India. I am trying to figure out who can help me with this.
I believe its insulin resistance + insulin deficiency prob for me as i had fatty liver prob when i was obese and and my bmi was 34% and my esr was 13, which was high. Ref range was 10. I had lots of inflammation in my body. But since 1 year its gone. I controlled my portions and carbs. I no longer have that much inflammation.
Antibiotics given to me 5 years back have made case very complicated. I have edema in my legs since then and have no answer for it, initially i thought it was stomach as it was completely ruined by medicines couldn't stop feeling nauseous for 3 years until i had kefir which in turn probably caused this prob may be due to leaky gut. But now i think edema is caused by metabolic issues which i got from the medicines. Don't know, these thoughts are killing me. Fatty liver prob also happed after the antibiotics treatment.
Doctor totally experimented on me with antibiotics like amxocillin, doxcy, ceftum, floroquinones and medicine to bring down fever along with iv antibiotics for 3 months. I am in this whole mess because of that treatment. I have no faith in doctors anymore. It has become so complicated, very hard to bear. Sometimes keeps me awake at night. This too shoots my bs, i come around 105-110 always when i wake up around 3 or 4 am with these thoughts.
I sometimes wonder my issue has so many factors involved that it can not be even controlled.
Wish to find mental help at the earliest.

Last edited:

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might be a bit simplistic here, but have you tried a multivitamin with minerals? They are not too expensive and definitely worth a try. Give it more than a month or two though, don't expect results immediately.

I know what it's like to search desperately for a seemingly impossible solution, so you have my sympathy.

Reactions: Marie 2

Banting

Have you heard of a CAC scan ? It is a Coronary Artery Calcium Scan which will determine exactly how much heart disease you have. This may alleviate your anxiety. If your GP won't sanction it (not a NICE thing I believe) then you can get it done privately for around £250. However, with your history you might get lucky with the GP. Lots of money but maybe good to know if what you suspect is actual ?

Last edited:

Banting

Sorry, just realised that you are in India so GP referral probably not relevant. However, there must be somewhere in India that can do a CAC scan ?

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, just realised that you are in India so GP referral probably not relevant. However, there must be somewhere in India that can do a CAC scan ?
I tried to go with CAC scan, but CAC is done in big hospital only which they won't do unless a doctor recommends it. My doctors all denied it seeing my age and blood markers. They won't do further test.

Winnie-the-Pooh

I already have insulin resistance, not sure it is type 1 or type 2. My c peptides are low. Blood sugars are unreliable, sometimes i feel they are under control sometimes out of control.
I have heart pains which doctors shrug off saying i am young can't be a heart issue. Hba1c has never above 5.4.
Already living with guilt of bring this on myself with goal to get fat, i reached bmi of 34% now it is 16%.
Getting thin and looking like malnutritious.
I keep low carb, blood sugar stays normal but i can't seem to gain weight on this, on the contrary i am loosing weight but its not because of blood sugar, i just eat less as i can't eat much.
Carbs raise blood sugar, fat gives me heart problems. I believe i have fully blocked arteries. I have given echo 2d and stress test which was negative, my ekg is always abnormal.
Can't eat fat much feel like i will have heart attack. I am vanishing and now I want to give up and die.
I have no help from doctors. They look at my hba1c and tell me i don't have diabetes, my cholesterol no. Are normal since last year so no heart problem.
I tell them i eat low carb thats why it is low, they tell to eat normal, if i eat normal i get high blood sugars.
It seems never ending looping which is killing me.

Hi ,

So sorry to hear about your health troubles . I know it must be very hard to feel sick and not to know what is wrong . I hear you.

Have you had your thyroids checked ? I am not a doctor and know nothing in medicine . But I have relatives that complained of similar issues and had overactive thyroids ?

When we are sick and when the medical system fails us , it gets too much . You are very strong to handle all of this and of course it is hard , but please don’t give up .
You can change doctors , get emotional support , and stay strong and continue fighting for getting the right diagnosis. You will get better and very soon you will look back and be very proud of yourself . I’m sure you will .

Sometimes it takes some time to find the right doctors and the right support . But it will happen . Dealing with any sickness is hard and you should not deal with it alone .

Please tell your doctor how it makes you feel and tell them they need to act soon because it’s interfering with your emotional well-being . If they don’t help , change them . But pls tell your doctor how you feel .

Anxiety itself can cause chest pain , poor sleep , weigh loss , and stress can affect blood sugar and general well being . If you feel you might have anxiety , then you should tell your doctor.

I send you warm thoughts ! And remember you are stronger than you think and you are braver than you think !