Don't want to live like this anymore!

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I already have insulin resistance, not sure it is type 1 or type 2. My c peptides are low. Blood sugars are unreliable, sometimes i feel they are under control sometimes out of control.
I have heart pains which doctors shrug off saying i am young can't be a heart issue. Hba1c has never above 5.4.
Already living with guilt of bring this on myself with goal to get fat, i reached bmi of 34% now it is 16%.
Getting thin and looking like malnutritious.
I keep low carb, blood sugar stays normal but i can't seem to gain weight on this, on the contrary i am loosing weight but its not because of blood sugar, i just eat less as i can't eat much.
Carbs raise blood sugar, fat gives me heart problems. I believe i have fully blocked arteries. I have given echo 2d and stress test which was negative, my ekg is always abnormal.
Can't eat fat much feel like i will have heart attack. I am vanishing and now I want to give up and die.
I have no help from doctors. They look at my hba1c and tell me i don't have diabetes, my cholesterol no. Are normal since last year so no heart problem.
I tell them i eat low carb thats why it is low, they tell to eat normal, if i eat normal i get high blood sugars.
It seems never ending looping which is killing me.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It really doesn't except in 20th century medicine..
Well i tried with high fat. Even with moderate fat. Even loosing my bmi from 36% to 16% should have helped in that matter, and i lost it in just one year. I also do Fasting for 18 hours a day to help inflammation.
So addressing inflammation, insulin release, very low carbs and low calorie and lots of walking. Just don't know what more can one do.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Just how old are you? If you had fully blocked arteries you'd be dead

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
If you have low C peptides that is a sign of type 1, this will get worse over time if you are a type 1. Also losing a lot of weight is a sign of type 1. You simply can not utilize the foods you eat without the proper amount of insulin if you are a type 1. Racing heart, anxious feelings can come from Bg issues. Have you been tested for the antibodies that a positive result would tell you if you are a type 1 ? There are a few type 1's that don't have the antibodies and don't make insulin but that is rare.

If you are a type 1, you can eat what you want you just have to learn to dose properly for it (hopefully healthy choices). Type 1's can be, but usually aren't likely to be insulin resistant. If you are type 2, losing weight, walking and keeping your Bg's down are all the proper things to be doing, that is the goal. If your numbers go up because of high carbs, then you need to keep a log of that and take your log and your meter into the doctors so you can show them. But you really need to document it and on your meter so they can see the issue. If you keep losing weight and you are a type 2, you are probably not eating enough, although there are a few other problems than can interfere with digestion of food properly.

You might see if you can get tested for the antibodies. Since you have a low C peptide they should be willing to do that. That would at least solve that question and then you can take the next steps from there. You might also talk to the doctor about the anxiety issues.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have low C peptides that is a sign of type 1, this will get worse over time if you are a type 1. Also losing a lot of weight is a sign of type 1. You simply can not utilize the foods you eat without the proper amount of insulin if you are a type 1. Racing heart, anxious feelings can come from Bg issues. Have you been tested for the antibodies that a positive result would tell you if you are a type 1 ? There are a few type 1's that don't have the antibodies and don't make insulin but that is rare.

If you are a type 1, you can eat what you want you just have to learn to dose properly for it (hopefully healthy choices). Type 1's can be, but usually aren't likely to be insulin resistant. If you are type 2, losing weight, walking and keeping your Bg's down are all the proper things to be doing, that is the goal. If your numbers go up because of high carbs, then you need to keep a log of that and take your log and your meter into the doctors so you can show them. But you really need to document it and on your meter so they can see the issue. If you keep losing weight and you are a type 2, you are probably not eating enough, although there are a few other problems than can interfere with digestion of food properly.

You might see if you can get tested for the antibodies. Since you have a low C peptide they should be willing to do that. That would at least solve that question and then you can take the next steps from there. You might also talk to the doctor about the anxiety issues.
I am just 29. I had GAD test 3 months back, It was within range. 9.64 with range <10.
My c peptides were low normal. 0.81 with range from 0.71 and 3.15. This was fasting c peptides, i am thinking to do simulated c peptides.
Also I am not eating enough, thats the main cause of weight loss.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Well i tried with high fat. Even with moderate fat. Even loosing my bmi from 36% to 16% should have helped in that matter, and i lost it in just one year. I also do Fasting for 18 hours a day to help inflammation.
So addressing inflammation, insulin release, very low carbs and low calorie and lots of walking. Just don't know what more can one do.

Clearly your weight loss issues are due to fasting too much. If you don't have a lot to lose then there is no reason I see to be fasting for 18hrs a day and doing a lot of walking. You will not gain weight back if you continue to do so. If you have an abnormal EKG, it could be irregular heart rate (A lot of people experience this) has anyone talked to you about why it might be abnormal? Like a cardiologist?

Your arteries are not fully blocked, you wouldn't be posting here if they were, as stated already, you'd be dead. You are piling a lot of unnecessary stress on top of yourself with beliefs that are not even possible.

Perhaps eat more of the foods you can tolerate and cut back on the exercise. If you don't provide the fuel to live on, the body will take it from where it can, fat reserves and muscle. Part of your weight loss is very likely muscle loss.

The other issue really revolves around your c-peptide I think. It would be interesting to see what it is 45 mins after a meal to see how the pancreas responds rather then fasting.

You can get through it, it's not the end of the world. You've got questions and need some answers that will need to come from the medical world.

mouseee

It all sounds awful.
I have a feeling that your anxiety is one of your biggest issues.
Anxiety can do funny things to you. Heart rate can go up, bs can go up if stressed.
I wonder if something like this is happening;
You feel anxious about eating. You eat the 'wrong' type of food. You panic, your heart rate and bs might go up, you panic some more and off you go again.
I'm also wondering what you see as high bs at the moment as that's causing anxiety too.

This same cycle is probably happening all the time as you seem hyper-vigilant. Noticing every part of your body and how it feels at every moment.

You definitely need to get symptoms checked but while you are there, please ask to talk to someone about your anxiety. You must be exhausted!

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It all sounds awful.
I have a feeling that your anxiety is one of your biggest issues.
Anxiety can do funny things to you. Heart rate can go up, bs can go up if stressed.
I wonder if something like this is happening;
You feel anxious about eating. You eat the 'wrong' type of food. You panic, your heart rate and bs might go up, you panic some more and off you go again.

You have been given some great advice above. It really does sound like your anxiety is causing panic attacks. Your arteries are not fully blocked as you would not be writing this. I am one (Much older than you) who did have blocked arteries (70% in one) and suffered a heart attack. Following an angioplasty I am now fine, so even if they were blocked, it would be treatable and is not the end of the world.

Panic attacks can give you the same feelings as if you are having a heart attack, but get checked out to be sure that your heart is ok.

I would speak to your GP about how you are feeling and get the reassurance you need.

Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Listlad

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I already have insulin resistance, not sure it is type 1 or type 2. My c peptides are low. Blood sugars are unreliable, sometimes i feel they are under control sometimes out of control.
I have heart pains which doctors shrug off saying i am young can't be a heart issue. Hba1c has never above 5.4.
Already living with guilt of bring this on myself with goal to get fat, i reached bmi of 34% now it is 16%.
Getting thin and looking like malnutritious.
I keep low carb, blood sugar stays normal but i can't seem to gain weight on this, on the contrary i am loosing weight but its not because of blood sugar, i just eat less as i can't eat much.
Carbs raise blood sugar, fat gives me heart problems. I believe i have fully blocked arteries. I have given echo 2d and stress test which was negative, my ekg is always abnormal.
Can't eat fat much feel like i will have heart attack. I am vanishing and now I want to give up and die.
I have no help from doctors. They look at my hba1c and tell me i don't have diabetes, my cholesterol no. Are normal since last year so no heart problem.
I tell them i eat low carb thats why it is low, they tell to eat normal, if i eat normal i get high blood sugars.
It seems never ending looping which is killing me.
Just speaking from experience here: In times of high stress/anxiety (read: worse than is normal for me, which is usually pretty bad), my chest pains return. Right over my heart. It's a nasty pain to have, scary too, but I also know it's tension and hyperventilation. When the stressful period is over, things return to normal. I do have a heart murmur, so there's actually something "real" going on there, but that murmur I don't notice/feel. The stuff I do notice going on around my heart, well.... That's not usually my heart, save for the occasional palpatations or beat-skipping that I can blame on certain medication. All in all... You mention anxiety. Anxiety is a real thing with real-life, physical consequences.

Basically, I think you should eat. If you want to do low carb, fine, but then don't do low fat alongside with it: you'll starve. With your BMI? Eat often. Three square meals, and 3 snacks a day. By the sound of it you've got a lot going on, and mainly it's mental stuff that keeps you from getting better. I do know what that's like, and I do know getting help, in the form of therapy, or antidepressants, or a combination, can make one heck of a difference.

If this sounds at all dismissive, believe me, please, it isn't, My personality disorder, anxiety (social and generalised) and clinical depression pretty much run my life. And just like physical/measurable conditions, there's treatment out there.

Hugs,
Jo

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just speaking from experience here: In times of high stress/anxiety (read: worse than is normal for me, which is usually pretty bad), my chest pains return. Right over my heart. It's a nasty pain to have, scary too, but I also know it's tension and hyperventilation. When the stressful period is over, things return to normal. I do have a heart murmur, so there's actually something "real" going on there, but that murmur I don't notice/feel. The stuff I do notice going on around my heart, well.... That's not usually my heart, save for the occasional palpatations or beat-skipping that I can blame on certain medication. All in all... You mention anxiety. Anxiety is a real thing with real-life, physical consequences.

Basically, I think you should eat. If you want to do low carb, fine, but then don't do low fat alongside with it: you'll starve. With your BMI? Eat often. Three square meals, and 3 snacks a day. By the sound of it you've got a lot going on, and mainly it's mental stuff that keeps you from getting better. I do know what that's like, and I do know getting help, in the form of therapy, or antidepressants, or a combination, can make one heck of a difference.

If this sounds at all dismissive, believe me, please, it isn't, My personality disorder, anxiety (social and generalised) and clinical depression pretty much run my life. And just like physical/measurable conditions, there's treatment out there.

Hugs,
Jo
The problem is i don't feel pains or mummer in heart. Whenever i walk i feel pressure with pain in neck, sides of neck and middle of the neck. I have consulted 3 cardiologists, once ekg was normal twice abnormal. Had various check up done but they are not ready to take it further as they say they all are negative.
I am left there hanging.
Also i stay pretty low carb and do fasting if in case any plaques are there might go away with fasting.
I spike max till 155 when eat bread or brownies, then i come down to 120 around in 2 hours.
I do have anxiety issue i don't sleep well. I get up at 3 or 4 am then can't sleep back, might be impacting heart and bg both. Yesterday night 9.30 had lentils full bowl with some chicken, paneer and 2 raw tomatoes with one amla, woke up around 3.30 am and checked my bg it was 111, morning it was 109, did some 5 mins meditation it went down to 98, 10mins later still 97. I believe its combination of anxiety and some metabolic syndrome or lack of insulin. I am trying to control but one or the other issues keep rising up. I am so unable to cope up with it now.
If it was just bg problem i was all for it, but now it looks like some heart issue too. I have history of going to doctors and not finding anything so my family have completely denied going to doctors anymore as we have referred to three cardiologist as well, i have only option to go to a psychiatrist.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is i don't feel pains or mummer in heart. Whenever i walk i feel pressure with pain in neck, sides of neck and middle of the neck. I have consulted 3 cardiologists, once ekg was normal twice abnormal. Had various check up done but they are not ready to take it further as they say they all are negative.
I am left there hanging.
Also i stay pretty low carb and do fasting if in case any plaques are there might go away with fasting.
I spike max till 155 when eat bread or brownies, then i come down to 120 around in 2 hours.
I do have anxiety issue i don't sleep well. I get up at 3 or 4 am then can't sleep back, might be impacting heart and bg both. Yesterday night 9.30 had lentils full bowl with some chicken, paneer and 2 raw tomatoes with one amla, woke up around 3.30 am and checked my bg it was 111, morning it was 109, did some 5 mins meditation it went down to 98, 10mins later still 97. I believe its combination of anxiety and some metabolic syndrome or lack of insulin. I am trying to control but one or the other issues keep rising up. I am so unable to cope up with it now.
If it was just bg problem i was all for it, but now it looks like some heart issue too. I have history of going to doctors and not finding anything so my family have completely denied going to doctors anymore as we have referred to three cardiologist as well, i have only option to go to a psychiatrist.
Anxiety and neck/shouder pain go hand-in-hand. That's where tension tends to gather, and with anxiety, you'll have plenty of that. Heck, I just had my own physical therapist try to knead the knots out of the trapezium and neck muscles an hour ago. Your blood sugars are fine: Remember, when you're stressed, those too go up! And they're not THAT high... Slightly elevated at the most, if that.... With the stress you're under? I'd consider that all perfectly normal. Anxiety affects just about everything you mention... So you might want to tackle that. And get those shoulders and neck muscles looked after, it'll make your neck feel so much better. I wish I'd gotten that done years ago.

Keep in mind that when you are underweight, and fast, you ARE damaging yourself. So you really, REALLY should stop the fasting. That can wreak one heck of a lot more havoc on your organs than a hamburger would. Really. Eat. And do seek help.... You're not just dealing with health anxiety, but you might have an eating disorder as well.

Please... take care of yourself. And eat something.

mouseee

Please let us know how you get on.

I've just converted those blood sugars and most, if I enter them in my app, turn green as they are in a good range.

I've had anxiety myself and seen my husband go through anxiety and he's been admitted with palpitations too.
No heart issues, although he thought he was having a heart attack at the time.

Jo is right. You have lots to talk to someone about. Anxiety can interfere with everything and is all encompassing. You need someone to talk over things and take the time to explain the results you've had. I hope you find the right person.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whether you have any other issues going on, getting help with your anxiety will be useful. It will deal with the physical affects of anxiety, then you can see what symptoms remain to be investigated.

It only takes around six weeks for the anxiety meds to fully work so you won't have to wait long to be able to sort out and recognise any other symptoms not related to anxiety.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, a bit complicated. I agree the low C-Peptide implies T1. Late onset T1 can be caused by a virus as I suspect mine was and so was a colleague so a negative GAD doesn't mean too much. Weight loss is common as the body can't metabolise the carbs you eat. Your last HBa1C result certainly implies no diabetes so that needs to be done again just in case. That is a good guide to what is going on with any diabetes. Eating low-carb is good but you do need proteins and fats to balance. The modern thinking is that eating fat has little effect on arterial blocking as it's the liver that decides what cholesterol is produced and not the fat you eat. Also carbs are the biggest culprit anyway as the liver stores excess glucose from carbs as fat. You need more evidence about any heart condition and you need to challenge your GP if you did have an abnormal ekg. I had a recovery problem after an operation and the cardio who was around in the theatre at the time and helped, ran me thru a whole series of tests to look for any cause. I had a 24hr ekg which was normal, then a standard echocardiogram then an exercise echocardiogram and finally an angiogram. All a bit over the top but shows that there are relevant tests that the GP could do if, and only if, he suspects any heart problem. It may be you are worrying unnecessarily but discuss the facts if any with the GP. The heart pain could be something else and not your heart. If it occurs often the GP needs to check that out. Ask for a second opinion if necessary. What makes you think you have insulin resistance? A low C-Peptide indicates that is unlikely. I wonder whether the fact that you are worried about your health could be part of the problem so do try to separate the issues out with your GP based on the facts.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Yes, a bit complicated. I agree the low C-Peptide implies T1. Late onset T1 can be caused by a virus as I suspect mine was and so was a colleague so a negative GAD doesn't mean too much. Weight loss is common as the body can't metabolise the carbs you eat. Your last HBa1C result certainly implies no diabetes so that needs to be done again just in case. That is a good guide to what is going on with any diabetes. Eating low-carb is good but you do need proteins and fats to balance. The modern thinking is that eating fat has little effect on arterial blocking as it's the liver that decides what cholesterol is produced and not the fat you eat. Also carbs are the biggest culprit anyway as the liver stores excess glucose from carbs as fat. You need more evidence about any heart condition and you need to challenge your GP if you did have an abnormal ekg. I had a recovery problem after an operation and the cardio who was around in the theatre at the time and helped, ran me thru a whole series of tests to look for any cause. I had a 24hr ekg which was normal, then a standard echocardiogram then an exercise echocardiogram and finally an angiogram. All a bit over the top but shows that there are relevant tests that the GP could do if, and only if, he suspects any heart problem. It may be you are worrying unnecessarily but discuss the facts if any with the GP. The heart pain could be something else and not your heart. If it occurs often the GP needs to check that out. Ask for a second opinion if necessary. What makes you think you have insulin resistance? A low C-Peptide indicates that is unlikely. I wonder whether the fact that you are worried about your health could be part of the problem so do try to separate the issues out with your GP based on the facts.
Hi, yes sometimes i suspect insulin resistance, sometimes low insulin problem. Also i had series of test too, stress treadmills test, echo 2d both were normal. My cholesterol and triglycerides were normal too. Cholesterol was 123 and triglycerides was 75. Its been since one year, so my gp and all cardiologist i referred to said i don't have heart problem. And at my age they don't want to do more test. They clearly said they won't be doing any test further as it is not indicated.
With low c peptides i do suspect that is not about less sensitivity problems but more low insulin prob. Moreover i have never had dawn phenomenon. That thing always bugs me.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Moreover i have never had dawn phenomenon. That thing always bugs me.
You won’t Have DP if your metabolism and pancreas are working as they should. This is a very good thing. All the results you have told us are in normal range, even if they’re towards the edge.

Please seek some psychiatric help, it’s almost as if you WANT diabetes. There are better clubs to join than the diabetes one, I promise. If only it were possible to try it out for a month... Those of us who actually live with this poxy condition day in, day out, with no prospect of a break from it would give our dead pancreas for the test results you have. 21 years in, and I’d love just one day off from it.