Down comes the snow....

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh i love this weather.... blowing a blizard....so time to wrap up and keep warm with more Basal!!! :(

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No snow in London - yet. It is cold but bright.

D

Deleted Account

In the West country, we have had weather - snow, sleet, rain, hail. And now it's sunny.
Just waiting for the thunder storms to make the full set.

Keep warm everyone.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Slight snowfall overnight here in East Lancashire. The hills are covered. Clear bright blue sky overhead, and blo*dy cold.
Yesterday we had a lot of biting wind and the chill factor was horrible.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, Scarborough is snow free but bitterly cold with blue sky and sunshine. :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have great memories of snow in E Lancs on Pendle Hill when I was a child @Bluetit1802 Today we've just a sprinkling of snow now,here in our part of Scotland,with more promised for later.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have great memories of snow in E Lancs on Pendle Hill when I was a child @Bluetit1802 Today we've just a sprinkling of snow now,here in our part of Scotland,with more promised for later.

I am looking at Pendle Hill right now through my window! We live right in its shadow. No witches today, just a lot of snow!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the West country, we have had weather - snow, sleet, rain, hail. And now it's sunny.
Just waiting for the thunder storms to make the full set.

Keep warm everyone.
Thunder snow, @helensaramay! Nothing spectacular in this bit of the West Country, no snow, bits of hail, some rain, now sun. Am on lamp-post watch for later but we seem to miss it every time. Sounds fab in Scarborough @mo53 and East Lancs @Bluetit1802, if you like that kind of weather. Sheepskin liberty bodices essential though!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
No snow here thankfully and am in suffolk so we very rarely get any snow,
But it is very cold and slight blue sky

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live fairly near Pendle hill too and I used to hate my liberty bodice ! I used to hide it and then put it in the wash each. week
CAROL

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful! Two members who know what I'm talking about! It is a family saying when the cold gets a bit Arctic, and I remember seeing my grandmother's rather impressive bodice hanging on the line. I wonder if it's a Northern thing as my grandparents were from Lancashire?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful! Two members who know what I'm talking about! It is a family saying when the cold gets a bit Arctic, and I remember seeing my grandmother's rather impressive bodice hanging on the line. I wonder if it's a Northern thing as my grandparents were from Lancashire?

As children all my girlfriends and female classmates had to wear them. I believe they were a form of corset without the bones. I seem to remember mine had some sort of rubber inserts, and they were tight. No suspenders though. My mum never wore one, but my nana always wore a corset. I remember strapping her into one once.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_bodice

Reactions: Sue192

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brrr! I had enough snow to last me the winter last week (hills above Whitby), but now we are home, hopefully the odds will be much lower.

Hope all of you who get the snow are snug and safe and won't have to dig yourselves out like we did!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
It's melting up here . Dog not impressed.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bluetit1802,I remember Liberty bodices too,I think it was a northern thing.I remember when in the sixties I went to live in Hampshire a colleague,teasing me about not needing my Liberty bodice down there in the winter!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
My aunt bought me one when I was a nipper, from the village shop in Buckinghamshire. She and my mother had had to wear them when they were little Kentish maids, so not just a Northern thing. I hated the one I was given, once was enough.

Reactions: Sue192 and Glenmac

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8 inches of snow near Shrewsbury! Not going anywhere.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We got a LOT of snow in Wrexham, with more to come, and -6 degrees for tomorrow night. Oh Joy unbounded : )