Down comes the snow....

D

Deleted member 308541

Here's a warm thought for you lot freezing your butts off.

It's is going to be a nice warm 32° celcius here today, with a chance of a thunder storm this arvo.

I have just turned the ceiling fan on in my office space here at home. :D

Reactions: Prem51

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is 2C here on the west coast of Canada and a pea soup fog

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Snowed in in N Wales all day.
Daughter needs medicine for children but no chance getting out oh her village and no chance me getting out of mine.
So far we still have electricity.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lots of snow in Shrewsbury. The main street through the town was closed on Friday and people were sledging down it.

image.jpg

Reactions: mytype1.life

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Lots of canine play mates out today in local park.... but no children!!
a94d4f97b5b5409710abe756aa825077.jpg

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's been snowing since early morning here. It has settled which is unusual for London. It's stopped now but skies look like there could be more. I went to church this morning. First time I've been out since Wednesday.
I've got enough food to keep me going for a few days if I need to stay in.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been trying very hard to snow, but I really think sleet is more accurate and as it rained all night and all morning so there is no chance of it settling. I do have an increased TBR running, but I don't think that's the snows fault! :)

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got about 5 inches here in northeast USA. Just shoveled out the car and the front steps....

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gale-force winds earlier (the bird feeder is at an interesting angle) and it has rained heavily on and off all day. Not a single snowflake, and it'll be fun if this lot freezes tonight. I have to drive up a hill from my house! Been sent some amazing photos from friends in the West Midlands - really beautiful scenes and quite impressive amounts of snow for this time of year.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been sent some amazing photos from friends in the West Midlands - really beautiful scenes and quite impressive amounts of snow for this time of year.

Yes, very "christmas card-y" scene; my garden looks lovely, compared to the last couple of weeks. The snow has hidden all the unswept-up leaves, bedraggled fuchsias, and other summer detrius not yet cut back properly. Has continued to snow here all day, and the weather report that I'm listening to right now promises frost and ice for tonight, with chaos tomorrow morning.

Times like this I'm so glad to be retired.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lots of snow (well for the UK!) in Birmingham today and most schools shut tomorrow... not sure if I will make it into work relying on the trains!

My BS has been all over the place today, grrr!

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just looked out the window. At last a slow thaw (I hope). At least I can see The Wrekin again.
image.jpeg

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Snow and slush in London yesterday but all my intrepid friends and I made it to a local pub for a big Sunday roast to celebrate my birthday! They all had puddings - sticky toffee, crumble, Christmas pudding ice-cream etc and I sat and watched them! I love my friends!

Reactions: mytype1.life

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Snow and slush in London yesterday but all my intrepid friends and I made it to a local pub for a big Sunday roast to celebrate my birthday! They all had puddings - sticky toffee, crumble, Christmas pudding ice-cream etc and I sat and watched them! I love my friends!

Haha I was drooling over dessert this weekend too! I used to be a rebel and occasionally have one but I now resist unless it’s cheese

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Haha I was drooling over dessert this weekend too! I used to be a rebel and occasionally have one but I now resist unless it’s cheese
I had ordered cheese but the waitress forgot to bring it. Ho hum!