1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dr Bernstein Teleseminar

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by Alexandra100, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Amazingly, Dr Bernstein, the author of the classic "Diabetes Solution" and originator of home bg testing, now 84, still holds live question and answer sessions every month, as promised in the book. To listen to the latest go to: https://events.iteleseminar.com/?eventID=104857734
    If like me you prefer to save this and listen to it as a podcast, click on the "play" button, then immediately hit the "stop" button. At the bottom towards the right you will see a downward arrow. Click on that to download.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Alexandra100

I have now started listening to this Teleseminar and should warn new listeners that there is, as usual, a short period of silence at the beginning, and then in this case Dr B announces that this is the Teleseminar for January 2018! However it is definitely the Teleseminar for September 2018. The presentation has a slightly home-movies flavour, but the content is very interesting and touches on many topics we have been discussing recently on this Forum. Those of us who rather hero-worship Dr B may be interested to hear him joke (if it is a joke) that he is in search of a wife, his own having unfortunately died some years ago.

3. Energize

Energize Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, @Alexandra100

May I ask what the 'topic' is on this one, please? As you've already metioned, it suggests it's Jan 2018 ;)

4. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It is usually a mixture and Dr B gets a bit testy at times particularly when those asking the questions have not first referred to his book! I know he is a huge inspiration in particular to the parents in the Type 1 GRIT group. Sadly he would not marry me though as I have a pump and he disapproves of these!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Alexandra100

My mistake! This was indeed the Teleseminar for January 2018, wrongly broadcast. It was lucky for me, as I had somehow missed listening to it and it is IMO particularly interesting. On these sessions, the topic of the day is only a short talk by Dr B before the Q&A starts.

Here is the updated link to the September 2018 broadcast: https://instantteleseminar.com/Events/110543484
    I have not yet listened, but I trust this one is OK.
    @NicoleC197, sorry about your blighted marriage prospects! :) How long have you been using a pump? I presume you think Dr B is mistaken on this topic?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook