Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Dr. Fung's YouTube channel may have been hacked by a for profit company? While I can tell the difference I am concerned that we sometimes recommend Fung's channel to those interested in Intermittent Fasting and may be unwittingly directing them to this company. Any thoughts?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe hes just decided to turn a profit himself?
What indicates a hack?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Doesn't look right to me.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've had three new videos come up in my subscriptions for Dr. Fung's channel in as many days. Two are an hour long and the one the one that popped up this evening is forty minutes. All three are adverts for a book and freebies (ebooks worth $200). The videos are repetitive, speak of Big Pharma being in collusion with your government to keep the cure for Diabetes a secret and have a look/sound of adverts on TV .... you know the ones that say 'Exclusive to you, you will not find this product in any store!' The narrator makes no mention of Fung or Intermittent Fasting but does mention Roy Taylor!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Years ago when he started his journey...
https://idmprogram.com/my-journey/

Then came the inescapable, horrifying conclusion. We, as doctors, had been treating T2D exactly wrong. And that is why I have started this journey. Because with the proper treatment, T2D is a curable disease. T2D is a disease of too much insulin, just as obesity results from too much insulin. The treatment is to lower insulin, not raise it. We weren’t just not treating T2D, we were making it worse.

Maybe I am naive...Doubt he is a money grabber...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is such a shameful thing to do. Putting Dr. Fung's name and photo up when he himself has worked tirelessly in an affort to help people with real educational videos that are free to all who have access to the internet.

Sometimes the greed that people show just disgusts me.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best thing to do is probably report it to Youtube as copyright violation - they tend to get rid of those channels pretty quickly.

My old link to his original channel works fine.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've sent a tweet to Dr Fung linking to the suspected ripoff channel.

Edited to add: have also reported the channel to Youtube for impersonation.

Last edited:
Reactions: zand and Guzzler

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully Dr Fung will see my tweet - mightn't hurt for others on Twitter to alert him as well. Also Youtube should be able to contact him as I gave them the link to his original channel and they should be able to contact him via that.

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've also sent him a tweet (tried reporting but I think it has to come from him.) The fake channel uses "Dr. Jason Fung" whereas the real one is "Jason Fung". The fake one has 10,000 subscribers (his real one has 100,000 subscribers). This really makes my blood boil that someone would rip off his name, image and reputation.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw his reply on Twitter,

"Thanks. My channel is 'Jason Fung'. There's another channel called 'Dr Jason Fung' that uses my image and is trying to sell stuff. I reported to YouTube but they said they couldn't delete it.".

What is wrong with YouTube? This is so blatant!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I saw his reply on Twitter,

"Thanks. My channel is 'Jason Fung'. There's another channel called 'Dr Jason Fung' that uses my image and is trying to sell stuff. I reported to YouTube but they said they couldn't delete it.".

What is wrong with YouTube? This is so blatant!
:banghead:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe we should start posting comments about what a rip off the channel is?