Driving

chalky

Good Evening, So today at the hospital I was told that I need to stop driving due to some hypos, so that kinda sucked.. only good thing is I can claim a free bus pass so wont have the hassle of running a car n I also live 4 miles from work... so I guess that's not too bad.. not sure how im gonna cope though kinda nice to be able to travel where ever you want when you want rather then waiting on public transport....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Chalky. I would imagine you are thinking through how this will effect your life. I gave up driving and have never thought about it since. Its amazing how quick you adapt. :)

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you can see an upside, look at the money you'll save

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you can tell us a bit more about your insulin regime we may be able to suggest the best ways to avoid or minimise hypos?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Alongside with Daibell on this... Have you been given advice on how to stop the hypo's.

Got to say you are taking it a lot calmer than I did 4 years ago when my licence was under threat.

Have you been offered a pump? To lose your licence due to hypo's I am guessing that you have impaired recognition.