Eat well for less

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the treatment is prednisolone
@JohnEGreen I see Pred. causes diabetes, does the MG also cause it, so a double dose? I do sympathise about not being able to exercise, that must be very hard. However, as far as controlling bg goes, exercise is not the panacea for all of us that it appears to be for some. For me the effect of exercise on bg ranges from zero to sending it up quite a lot.
PS low carb AND counting calories must be difficult. At least my rather emaciated state excuses any amount of gluttony I can muster. Cheese and best olive oil with everything!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No MG in itself doesn't cause diabetes it's the medication you have to take and you have to take it sometimes at high dose and indefinitely..

Reactions: Taxus

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No MG in itself doesn't cause diabetes it's the medication you have to take and you have to take it sometimes at high dose and indefinitely..
Oh dear! Having to take steroids long-term is one of my worst nightmares. Although if I had to choose between so many worst nightmares: nuclear holocaust / amputation / blindness / female genital mutilation / Brexit ... (only joking about the last one, but still ...)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
According to Tesco 2 chicken sausages will provide about 9.5gms of carbs and 19.5gms of protein.
Their finest pork sausages give about 1.5 grams of carbs for 2 sausages and about 18.9 grams of protein.

Think I will stick with pork sausages and to Heck with the fat content.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The switch was from from cheap basic port sausages, that are often nearly 50% bread to I think Aldi top range checken sausage has about as much carbs as Tesco finest pork sausages.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The switch was from from cheap basic port sausages, that are often nearly 50% bread to I think Aldi top range checken sausage has about as much carbs as Tesco finest pork sausages.

Yeh for one sausage weighing what is it 35 grams = 2 sausages tesco finest I see I thought the idea was to eat well for less and not every one has an Aldi round the corner.

Serving Size 35 grams

Amount Per Serving
Calories 48Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 1.7g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
Sugars 0.5g
Protein 6.8g 14%

As I said I'll be sticking with the pork sausages.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at chicken sausages and they are higher in carbs than the supermarkets own or Heck 90 to 95% pork ones so I’ve stuck with the pork ones.