Eating Times

robertbanking

Hello you great and intelligent people, hope you are doing well and having a nice weekend.

Sadly my eating schedule has got slightly out of balance, primarily due to working from home alot. Which is not good as i want to try and limit my Reactive Hypoglycaemia symptoms and i am going to try do much better. Can anyone kindly advise the best time to eat the last meal or evening meal for the day please, some nights i have not felt hungry and had this at 11.30pm? If eating this late could this upset your Cortisol and blood sugar management, can anyone please advise when they usually have the last meal of the day?

Further does anyone have any good ideas for snacks when out of the house please when not got much time to eat? I sometimes find a small cup of tea helps, i wonder if this stimulates some hormones, but too many brings on Reactive Hypoglycaemia symptoms.

Thank you very much for your kindness and any advice you can give i would be very thankful for. Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Reactions: Lamont D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly my eating schedule has got slightly out of balance, primarily due to working from home alot. Which is not good as i want to try and limit my Reactive Hypoglycaemia symptoms
Are you using a glucose meter when you have the symptoms to see if they correlate with hypoglyceamia?
When you posted your first thread you weren't diagnosed yet, if that's still the case I think your first call of action should be making sure it actually is hypoglyceamia and not something else in your food you react to.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello you great and intelligent people, hope you are doing well and having a nice weekend.

Sadly my eating schedule has got slightly out of balance, primarily due to working from home alot. Which is not good as i want to try and limit my Reactive Hypoglycaemia symptoms and i am going to try do much better. Can anyone kindly advise the best time to eat the last meal or evening meal for the day please, some nights i have not felt hungry and had this at 11.30pm? If eating this late could this upset your Cortisol and blood sugar management, can anyone please advise when they usually have the last meal of the day?

Further does anyone have any good ideas for snacks when out of the house please when not got much time to eat? I sometimes find a small cup of tea helps, i wonder if this stimulates some hormones, but too many brings on Reactive Hypoglycaemia symptoms.

Thank you very much for your kindness and any advice you can give i would be very thankful for. Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hi, did you get a diagnosis?
However, what I do, is fast till afternoon and because I'm in keto I'm not hungry, so the need to eat has abated and because I don't snack! I have one of two small meals, and I start my fasting again around 7pm, because, it gives me four hours before bedtime, so I haven't had anything inadvertently to trigger a hypo and I can sleep without the anxiety of going hypo through the night and I sleep a lot better, it does mean going to sleep on an almost empty stomach, but I have found this beneficial to my health.
the crucial important thing is not to trigger a hypo, if you are not lactose intolerant, you could have a piece of cheese, depending upon your tastes!
in the end you have to find what suits you!

keep safe, best wishes