End of February 48 hour group fasting support

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. 17 hrs into fast.
4.1fbg
Weight 10st 13 & 6 so a drop of 1 lb 3 oz - sorry I’m the one not doing kilos - I’ve always been pounds and ounces :)
Swam last night and feeling good today. No hunger yet but then I am only a short way in
I totally understand you weighing in stones and pounds I struggled to adapt to kgs but wanted to compare with med records etc hence although I now weigh in kgs I always put both on mine so I understand it!
Good luck sounds like you’re doing really well.

Reactions: jpscloud

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow you lot are early risers!

Starting figs this am

Weight 205.8 pounds 93.35kg 14st 9.8 pounds
Body Fat 26.1%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 27.9

FBG 4.8 (Tee2) 5.5 (Codefree)
Ketones 1.2

Off to make the first morning tea.. probably with cream today!

Have fun all!

Last edited:

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all great to see everyone in good form. I'm feeling good this morning, had no problems missing dinner and don't eat breakfast anymore anyway. Had a coffee with cream at 6.30.

FBG at 5am 4.7
Ketones at 7.30am 0.6
Weight 262 lbs - 6lb loss

Good luck today all!

Last edited:

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any tips on how to stop my stomach rumbling? It’s so loud and embarrassing!

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any tips on how to stop my stomach rumbling? It’s so loud and embarrassing!

I haven't had that problem so far, but I think I've seen others say some fat - in coffee, like bulletproof coffee, helps with hunger. Sorry I can't help more, someone more experienced will answer soon I'm sure.

Reactions: Flora123

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ketones now 1.1 They seem to be low in the morning and get higher as the day goes on. I was getting envious of some of you super-ketoers with your brilliant numbers!

I'm always happy to know I'm burning fat. If only I'd had this knowledge 20 years ago.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon readings..
BG Tee2 4.0 Codefree 4.8
Ketones at 1.1
Had tea and 3 coffees all with cream so far today.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon readings..
BG Tee2 4.0 Codefree 4.8
Ketones at 1.1
Had tea and 3 coffees all with cream so far today.
Strange how different two bg meters can be!
My afternoon ketones reading continues to rise - wonder what it will be by this evening I’m clearly converting my high cholesterol to ketones - well I can but hope!
Ketones 6.6
Bg 4.1
Had two coffees with cream one before gym and one after but restof dayhave been sipping green tea and water.
I’m feeling hungry but trying to keep busy and not ponder it as missing dinner.
One distraction I had was a call from the Sunday mirror health journalist as my story is featuring in an article about rise of diabetes. Hope it gives right message it will hit newsstands this coming Sunday and them probably be chip wrapping by Monday.
Hope everyone is managing to stay distracted. I’ll report later this evening before go to bed. I’ll be breaking my fast either tomorrow lunch or dinner if can push on till dinner I will if only to take advantage of support on here

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange how different two bg meters can be!
My afternoon ketones reading continues to rise - wonder what it will be by this evening I’m clearly converting my high cholesterol to ketones - well I can but hope!
Ketones 6.6
Bg 4.1
Had two coffees with cream one before gym and one after but restof dayhave been sipping green tea and water.
I’m feeling hungry but trying to keep busy and not ponder it as missing dinner.
One distraction I had was a call from the Sunday mirror health journalist as my story is featuring in an article about rise of diabetes. Hope it gives right message it will hit newsstands this coming Sunday and them probably be chip wrapping by Monday.
Hope everyone is managing to stay distracted. I’ll report later this evening before go to bed. I’ll be breaking my fast either tomorrow lunch or dinner if can push on till dinner I will if only to take advantage of support on here

Oooh, you’re going for 72 hours?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh, you’re going for 72 hours?
I’m going either for 65 or 72 hours will see how I feel. I’m about to resort to ironing for distraction now - must be bad! oH not keen on me fastingbut may changemind when he comes back to pile of ironed Shirts! He usually does his own......

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggling a bit this afternoon - not from hunger. Got a pounding headache and bloods have been 3.2 -3.4 for last three hours. I’ve never had any issues before when fasting - regularly in high 3’s and feeling fine. Not sure if headache is related to the lower BG or just coincidence. I feel fine in myself - not unwell. Hoping the next dose of painkillers kick in although if not I may break the fast tonight - I’m 27 hours in :shifty:

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might try for 4 days, finishing on Friday, if I still feel ok. Or I might crack tomorrow afternoon! We'll see :)

Still feeling good, no problems today and don't feel bothered about missing dinner, but oddly ketones have gone down to 0.8 now.

BG 4.2

BP 135/82

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know talking about food might not be a good idea for some of us but I was wondering what people are thinking of for "breakfast" after our fasts? I'm assuming here no one will be thinking of a carb fest, so it might be safe to discuss!

I think if I get to Friday I might have some scrambled eggs with butter to break my fast. Then if I'm hungry later maybe slow-cooked mushrooms with cheese.

I don't want to overdo it - I didn't after my first 3 day fast, I literally couldn't eat a full meal, but I'd be interested to hear from others what they do to break a fast?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggling a bit this afternoon - not from hunger. Got a pounding headache and bloods have been 3.2 -3.4 for last three hours. I’ve never had any issues before when fasting - regularly in high 3’s and feeling fine. Not sure if headache is related to the lower BG or just coincidence. I feel fine in myself - not unwell. Hoping the next dose of painkillers kick in although if not I may break the fast tonight - I’m 27 hours in :shifty:
Health comes first maybe start by adding in a bit more fat to see if lift things but really don’t hesitate to stop if not feeling good- m ain rule of fasting take care x

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know talking about food might not be a good idea for some of us but I was wondering what people are thinking of for "breakfast" after our fasts? I'm assuming here no one will be thinking of a carb fest, so it might be safe to discuss!

I think if I get to Friday I might have some scrambled eggs with butter to break my fast. Then if I'm hungry later maybe slow-cooked mushrooms with cheese.

I don't want to overdo it - I didn't after my first 3 day fast, I literally couldn't eat a full meal, but I'd be interested to hear from others what they do to break a fast?
I would choose eggs, too. With butter.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm thinking 27 hours is a respectable fast especially as you're not overweight? I wonder if I'm finding things so easy because I have such a lot of weight to lose, and my system is probably delighted to have a chance to recover!