End of February 48 hour group fasting support

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know talking about food might not be a good idea for some of us but I was wondering what people are thinking of for "breakfast" after our fasts? I'm assuming here no one will be thinking of a carb fest, so it might be safe to discuss!

I think if I get to Friday I might have some scrambled eggs with butter to break my fast. Then if I'm hungry later maybe slow-cooked mushrooms with cheese.

I don't want to overdo it - I didn't after my first 3 day fast, I literally couldn't eat a full meal, but I'd be interested to hear from others what they do to break a fast?
Depends if I break my fast at lunch or dinner but planning on sticking to fatty carnivore eg lamb on a few mushrooms or omelette I know veggies will have to reintroduced gradually for me.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm thinking 27 hours is a respectable fast especially as you're not overweight? I wonder if I'm finding things so easy because I have such a lot of weight to lose, and my system is probably delighted to have a chance to recover!
I regularly do fasts - in general 48hrs minimum but usually longer and usually have no issues. I did swim last night and wondering if that’s why perhaps I’m lower today than when I’ve fasted before. It may be pure coincidence and the headache isn’t to do with the numbers - but if it doesn’t ease off in an hour and my numbers don’t rise I am going to eat. I’ve always believed fast till you can’t do any more, not to push it, so I’m ok with finishing early if I need to :)

Reactions: jpscloud

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggling a bit this afternoon - not from hunger. Got a pounding headache and bloods have been 3.2 -3.4 for last three hours. I’ve never had any issues before when fasting - regularly in high 3’s and feeling fine. Not sure if headache is related to the lower BG or just coincidence. I feel fine in myself - not unwell. Hoping the next dose of painkillers kick in although if not I may break the fast tonight - I’m 27 hours in :shifty:
Have you had enough salt? often cause of headaches?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is torture cooking for my family and not being able to check the seasoning etc. Makes me realise how much I taste dishes

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Fast broken at a little over 48 hours. @jpscloud - eggs were on the menu. Won’t torture everyone here, but meal will be posted later on the what have you eaten today thread. Was more than ready to eat - especially since I have to bake for a work do tomorrow.

@Emma_369 was also going to suggest salt. Hope it works.

@shelley262 do you want to do my ironing too?

Full stats in the morning but pre-dinner data was:

BG - 3.9
Ketones (On Call) - 3.8
Ketones (Caresens) - 3.1

12EB4770-58A7-4648-A931-0DE66F18AD0C.jpeg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Fast broken at a little over 48 hours. @jpscloud - eggs were on the menu. Won’t torture everyone here, but meal will be posted later on the what have you eaten today thread. Was more than ready to eat - especially since I have to bake for a work do tomorrow.

BG - 3.9
Ketones (On Call) - 3.8
Ketones (Caresens) - 3.1

View attachment 31546
Nice...

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

BG - 3.9
Ketones (On Call) - 3.8
Ketones (Caresens) - 3.1

View attachment 31546
Well done @Goonergal my ironing pile is big enough thanks!

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

BG - 3.9
Ketones (On Call) - 3.8
Ketones (Caresens) - 3.1

View attachment 31546
Those are really enviable numbers, well done you!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
58C16981-5217-46C3-B5D8-C972444AFE7F.jpeg Hope all had good day here are my bedtime figures both bg and ketones down a smidge
Bg 3.6
Ketones 5.8
Btw never set times on either meter but both done 5 mins ago with same blood.
Back in am - hoping get a good snooze

Merrylizard1314

Just began my fast today. I thought I would have reached my goal by now, but there are still 10 kg to go and, as my weight has stayed on a plateau for over a week, it seems a good time for a fast. My aim is to get to 64kg or 141 lbs and every little loss helps.

At 6.15am today, BGL 5.8 Ketones 1.1. BP123/72 p56

I am keeping track of blood pressure as I do not want to trigger an a-fib episode. This will be a water fast, with salt. All you tasters are doing well. It is very encouraging.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Merrylizard1314

That should, of course, be FASTERS, although some of you are already tasting the fruits of victory. Now I am off to the garden to do battle with the lurking zucchini...

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just began my fast today. I thought I would have reached my goal by now, but there are still 10 kg to go and, as my weight has stayed on a plateau for over a week, it seems a good time for a fast. My aim is to get to 64kg or 141 lbs and every little loss helps.

At 6.15am today, BGL 5.8 Ketones 1.1. BP123/72 p56

I am keeping track of blood pressure as I do not want to trigger an a-fib episode. This will be a water fast, with salt. All you tasters are doing well. It is very encouraging.
Welcome to the group fast sounds like you are well on your way and great that you are carefully monitoring your a fib take care and hope you get results you’re looking for

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening update

Feel ok bit rumbly this evening but nothing too bad
IMG_2196.jpeg

Numbers looking good too.. still got a few codefree strips to use so running the parallel... why not!