Energy drink?

Martina79

Hello

I am used to drink 1/3 of energy drink like Lucasode before exercise as it gives me lot energy and craps in legs not big but without energy drink i dont enjoy doing sport. i just need some energy drink. so i was thinking how to drink it to minimalise bad effects. should i maybe drink just 100ml and after the session get rid of it of body with lemon or so? sometimes after like 30-40 minutes of running or swimming i have feel of loosing balance or consciousness..i dont know why is that, and if i 'd experience this hypoglicemia if i didnt drink it...i can manage everyhing what is required from me in order to keep prediabetic stage and minimalise 6.4 but nurse said to me main thing is to do regular exercise and loose weight as i collected a lot of fat in last few years. but how can i , without energy drink? maybe to do exercise with little bit energy drink is better than no drink and no exercise? do you know about energy drink for diabetest? i have just Lucozade with me and need to do exercise today. :roll:

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I exercise a lot, rowing, cycling and I also walk just about everywhere I go if I can. I would not personally touch any energy drink with a bargepole, any carbs I do take are low GI in the form of food, not drink. I do drink water frequently while exercising and I experience cramps if I don't have enough water.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andy12345 said:
I betcha there is some reason you are wrong Thommo lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

You're so right. Won't be long until someone with a different opinion comes along and demands they're right and Thommo couldn't possibly know anything!

Thommo I agree with everything you've said though, makes perfect sense to me :)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do have lots of determination yes, but I am a long way off trained. Used to be extremely fit and active, but a senior management desk job put paid to that a few years ago. Had an opportunity to put things right and started training seriously about 4 months ago, and in my experience opportunities are there to be taken. Pleased to say I'm really feeling the benefit.

elaine77

U can get sugar free energy drinks, that might work for u.

Diagnosed with GD in 2010, Completely disappeared postpartum. Re-diagnosed December 2012 with type 1.5 diabetes, age 26, BMI 22 currently controlled by only Metformin, 500mg twice a day.

Martina79

Thomm- its good to read motivated active people.

Elysa- i was reading your diagnose and i am quite amazed how this terrible disease might progress.
how come, somebody can eat rubbish food for whole years, never do exercise, smoke and drink a lot, be pregnant twice and never get it, and then someone who do sport since child, always eat healthly and get it in young age..

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Unless you are doing really extended exercise then you don't need any Energy drink. The Energy thing comes from heavy marketing by the food and drink industry. If you feel you need some carbs then go for some lower-GI food a while before the exercise e.g. a banana. Glucose drinks are a complete No-No for anyone having diabetes or pre-diabetic other than when at real risk of a hypo e.g. on insulin or Gliclazide.

Martina79

From heavy marketing' rofl...may be it will surprise you but the normal energy drinks i used (back in my country) were those cheapest high concentrates, it costed 5 pounds and i used it for 2 years. it wasnt brand really, but it gives oxigen to musles and minerals you loose so you can give much greater performance even if you have muscle pain from last workout. all profesionals and ftness ppl use it. most is 'marketed' but it does not mean its useless. :lol:

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Take one spoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and some diluted cordial, put in bottle hey presto "sports drink"

The lungs give oxygen to muscles, not a drink. I am surprised your doctor never told you this....

Unless you are doing incredibly high impact sports then try a banana and drink plenty of water

If you feel lightheaded check you blood sugar then you'll know if you need to drink energy drinks or not

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
xAoifex said:
Take one spoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and some diluted cordial, put in bottle hey presto "sports drink"

The lungs give oxygen to muscles, not a drink. I am surprised your doctor never told you this....

Unless you are doing incredibly high impact sports then try a banana and drink plenty of water

If you feel lightheaded check you blood sugar then you'll know if you need to drink energy drinks or not

:lol: a spoon full of sugar helps the exercise go down :lol:

Martina79

thanks for entertaining. you dont know what those drinks contain exactly, you never heard of electrolytes or vitamins nd minerals that supply oxigen in muscles and without those you wouldnt be able to walk. make some research first.

Netty70

Martina79 said:
thanks for entertaining. you dont know what those drinks contain exactly, you never heard of electrolytes or vitamins nd minerals that supply oxigen in muscles and without those you wouldnt be able to walk. make some research first.

You are making as you put it too much research and in the process talking nonsense
Think you need to research correct grammar and spelling before you move on to other things

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Netty70 said:
Think you need to research correct grammar and spelling before you move on to other things

I have been led to believe martina's originally from outside the uk, in which case I think the spelling and grammar is a really good effort so far! I couldn't write in a 2nd language

However, I also believe you are wrong martina. For centuries people survived without processes energy drinks!

Netty70

hale710 said:
Netty70 said:

I have been led to believe martina's originally from outside the uk, in which case I think the spelling and grammar is a really good effort so far! I couldn't write in a 2nd language

However, I also believe you are wrong martina. For centuries people survived without processes energy drinks!

Yes she is from outside the uk and my post probably came across as bad mannered which in hindsight makes me as bad as her
She is one of the rudest people I have ever read posts from on here not one bit of advice given from people as far as she is concerned is correct
Am sorry hale

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with the rudeness of all the posts I've seen so far, abrupt and scolding those who are offering support or help. Particularly when the solution isn't liked!