Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
anyone reccomend some energy tablets ta
Hi @henrys2020 , and welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us a bit more? What are you looking for in energy tablets? Do you mean Dextro or such to treat hypos, or do you mean you don't have enough energy?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
ta for info my energy levels are low eating normal no beer some luco on met glick astore
How are your blood sugars? Are you testing at home? Having high blood sugars can make us very tired.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Welcome to the forums.

ta for info my energy levels are low eating normal no beer some luco on met glick astore

Are you a T2? Taking metformin and gliclazide? (Not sure what luc and astore refer to)

As @Antje77 said, if your sugar levels are high then that would cause tiredness. If you're on gliclazide then you should have been given a glucose testing meter. It's worth finding out what your levels are before you try to take supplements for extra energy. (And energy supplements tend to contain sugar which is unlikely to help you if you are T2.)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you take the lucozade for hypo's or just when you feel low in energy?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
lucozade atorevastin test am never above 9

im not a new member could not login had to join again
lack of energy

You only test in the am?

Low energy could mean high glucose readings or it could be caused by vit/min deficiencies as well.

You're not exactly providing much in the way of info or responding to questions being asked.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We can't really give any advice as it would be totally different for different types.
As a type two, Lucozade is something I would never use, but if you are a type 1 and hypo it or some other swift hypo treatment is essential.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - well unless you are taking a medication which lowers blood glucose levels consuming sugary stuff is not really a good idea. It is possible to eat a low carb diet and get energy from that, but the more you go back to carbohydrates the less benefit there is from eating.

mouseee

I would say that even a non diabetic will not get much of an energy boost from energy tablets or lucozade. A quick boost of sugar will be burnt up quickly by a non diabetic. For a diabetic, it will push up blood sugar and that can cause fatigue among many other things.
Better to have a think about your diet over all. What kind of things are you eating in a day?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Normally as a T2 you should avoid any drinks with high levels of sugars/glucose. You don't need 'energy' drinks but the right mix of foods. Having enough Fats and Proteins should give you all the energy your body needs. You may have another condition which the GP should investigate but I would stop the Lucozade now. If you are on Gliclazide tablets you need to be testing your blood sugar with a glucose meter to see whether you are very low or very high.

henrys2020

ta for all theinfo luco has only 13 percent sugar thats why i drink it
i test every morning never over 9 thats if the machine is ok

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Only 13 percent sugar?!!
I don't drink anything with sugar, and restrict food to 10 percent carbs or less.
That keeps my type two in remission and my numbers normal - I really do recommend normal numbers.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you like coffee? It has a whole lot less sugar.
You might like to test before drinking the luco and then test again some 30 minutes after. That way you can see how your blood sugar reacts to it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again and thanks. Yes 13% isn't too bad but you don't actually need ANY carbs as the body can produce enough glucose from the proteins and fats you eat. Do have some carbs but keep them down and don't take them for 'energy' despite what the drink adverts say as the body doesn't work that way.