Eviction Date Set

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm currently 36+6 and unfortunately the little one has been stuck in breech for weeks. It's unlikely he'll turn now so we've booked a c-section for 38+6 on Monday Nov 23rd (my mom's birthday) - officially 2 weeks unless I go into labour on my own! The countdown has officially begun!

My sugars have been fantastic the last 2 weeks - having more lows, but my OB says the placenta looks great and she believes that low bloodsugars are common for T1's at the end and that the idea it's a sure-fire sign of placental insufficiency is based on old-science (I saw mixed things about this in studies). I trust her and have no other signs things are looking troublesome so both her and I feel good about letting things ride out till almost 39 weeks.

Baby boy is measuring perfect at 55% percentile; my BP is perfect and has been the whole way; and sugars have been fairly on target. Can't believe I'm at the end already!

Reactions: 9 people

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it goes well-at least you have made it to term (37w). Watch out for dramatic insulin decrease post delivery. Is this your first? Both my sections were quite painful and I couldn't move so make sure you have lucozade where you can reach it.
I'm 8w post delivery of twins and my blood sugars still a lot lower than pre pregnancy.
x

Reactions: 2 people

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope it goes well-at least you have made it to term (37w). Watch out for dramatic insulin decrease post delivery. Is this your first? Both my sections were quite painful and I couldn't move so make sure you have lucozade where you can reach it.
I'm 8w post delivery of twins and my blood sugars still a lot lower than pre pregnancy.
x

Yup, my first. My doctor and I already worked out my post-delivery basal rates for my pump, but I think I'm going to lower them even more since I'm already having a bit of a decrease in my insulin needs. I've stocked up on lots of glucose tabs, juice boxes, etc so I think I'm pretty set. Luckily my husband will be with me 24/7 from the due date until he has to go back to work in January - feeling very lucky I'll have someone around constantly to make sure I'm doing okay.

I've never had surgery so hoping the recovery isn't too bad - my mom had 3 c-sections and had fairly easy recoveries, but a friend had one 2 years ago and had a terrible time.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So close now! It's great to have a date so you can get prepared mentally and practically :)

For insulin, I returned to my pre-pregnancy basal which I'd kept ready on my pump. I did this immediately after delivery. I still had hypos though, and have since reduced my basal a little. The after delivery hypos can be quite sudden so watch out. I didn't have any bad ones but it felt like a wave had suddenly washed over me. I also found it useful to take in plenty of tasty carby snacks that I could eat when breastfeeding. In the early days, that seemed to burn up carbs like nobody's business!

Keep us updated :)

Reactions: 2 people