Evidence base for low carbohydrate diet for Type 2

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A recent presentation at a Low Carb Down Under event, Gold Coast, Australia.

Jessica Turton - 'An evidence-based approach to developing low carb diets for type 2 diabetes':

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Thanks for this Indy,

It was good to hear that absolutely no Low Carb diet studies were unsafe or ineffective (so far as could be measured at the time).

It was very interesting to hear that they could find no vegetarian/vegan Low Carb studies. Quite surprising considering how strong the anti -meat movement is these days.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately behind a paywall for mere mortals.. was one of the studies DiRECT does anyone know?
The irony of it being included as a low carb study would be delightful..
Don't know Suspect it would not be classed as LC since none of its predecessors were LC.

Did find this while checking the OP paper out. A scroll down the page may be of further interest but off topic here.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334701857_An_evidence-based_approach_to_developing_low-carbohydrate_diets_for_type_2_diabetes_management_A_systematic_review_of_interventions_and_method

Edit to add:
Prof Taylor has his own grandstand show going here
https://www.bmj.com/content/361/bmj.k2234s

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A recent presentation at a Low Carb Down Under event, Gold Coast, Australia.

Jessica Turton - 'An evidence-based approach to developing low carb diets for type 2 diabetes':

Thank-you so much for posting this. I have just watched it all, and wonder if I could get my GP to watch it too!