Exam causing fluctuating BG levels?

DylonGrassie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 16 (my last year of high school) and I've had T1 for 6 months now. I'm on the Basel Bolus (4 injections per day) and my exams start in less than a month. Could the stress about the exams explain why I am currently having extreme BG levels. Before that my levels were normal but they have started to become unpredictable. Any help would be great. Thanks.

G

gemma6549

Hi I'm 16 (my last year of high school) and I've had T1 for 6 months now. I'm on the Basel Bolus (4 injections per day) and my exams start in less than a month. Could the stress about the exams explain why I am currently having extreme BG levels. Before that my levels were normal but they have started to become unpredictable. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi, I'm sorry you got diagnosed at such an awkward time, I was exactly the same age and coming up to my exams when I was diagnosed too. I actually think it was the stress that triggered my diabetes to start.

In my experience stress raises my blood sugars pretty rapidly, the warm weather also seems to raise mine too so that could be making a difference.

It's easier said than done but if you can find ways to relax/ do things that you enjoy, or make the stress more manageable I definitely think that would help.

Reactions: 2 people

DylonGrassie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply I'm seeming to be doing better now by relaxing at night and adjusting my insulin to carb ratio

Reactions: 3 people