1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fail

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by kevsta, Oct 28, 2021.

1. kevsta

kevsta · Well-Known Member

I have somehow been failing over these past few days and have started eating **** again

I really have hard time with self discipline

Not looking for forgiveness just need to get this off my chest

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Perhaps planning what you will eat for a few days might help - meals which you really like, and find satisfying might help ease you back into the right groove.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Expert

To err is human and hey, practically everyone falls off the wagon at some point. Get back on. Make sure you only have foodstuffs around that agree with you, ditch everything else.

And if you can find some treats/snacks that are low carb and still decadent, (nice cheeses, sausages, full fat cream or clotted cream for your berries or coffee...) they might serve to fill whatever hole you've been trying to fill with the junk.

You'll be okay. You're not blinkered, you know what's going on, so you can do something about it.

4. DisFanJen

DisFanJen Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’m in IT so anything technology works for me, where food is concerned I use an app, to be exact, carbs and Cals (other apps are available ;) ).

While it doesn’t force you to eat better, for me I find that seeing the numbers helps me to make better decisions. I also got all the gadgets at home, the one I use most being the air fryer.

If I feel the need the stress eat I throw some mushrooms in the air fryer. They taste nice and have near 0 carbs and low Cals.

I’m sure at some point I’ll “fall off the wagon” again. But as long as I keep trying, that’s the important thing. So don’t beat yourself up about it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My go-to foods when I'm feeling like this are raw mushrooms or a bag of raw kale with olive oil and salt and pepper. Ending these is like the old days of snacking on crisps.

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

What do you fear most, losing your sight or toes first?

What motivates you to stick to things? ... use that.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook