Fail

kevsta

I have somehow been failing over these past few days and have started eating **** again

I really have hard time with self discipline

Not looking for forgiveness just need to get this off my chest

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps planning what you will eat for a few days might help - meals which you really like, and find satisfying might help ease you back into the right groove.

Reactions: EllieM

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have somehow been failing over these past few days and have started eating **** again

To err is human and hey, practically everyone falls off the wagon at some point. Get back on. Make sure you only have foodstuffs around that agree with you, ditch everything else.

And if you can find some treats/snacks that are low carb and still decadent, (nice cheeses, sausages, full fat cream or clotted cream for your berries or coffee...) they might serve to fill whatever hole you've been trying to fill with the junk.

You'll be okay. You're not blinkered, you know what's going on, so you can do something about it.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m in IT so anything technology works for me, where food is concerned I use an app, to be exact, carbs and Cals (other apps are available ;) ).

While it doesn’t force you to eat better, for me I find that seeing the numbers helps me to make better decisions. I also got all the gadgets at home, the one I use most being the air fryer.

If I feel the need the stress eat I throw some mushrooms in the air fryer. They taste nice and have near 0 carbs and low Cals.

I’m sure at some point I’ll “fall off the wagon” again. But as long as I keep trying, that’s the important thing. So don’t beat yourself up about it.

Reactions: DJC3 and ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My go-to foods when I'm feeling like this are raw mushrooms or a bag of raw kale with olive oil and salt and pepper. Ending these is like the old days of snacking on crisps.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

What do you fear most, losing your sight or toes first?

What motivates you to stick to things? ... use that.