Fallenstar - R.I.P.

WhitbyJet

I am so desperately sad, I've just been told that the lovely Tanya aka Fallenstar has passed away.
She had type 1 diabetes, coeliac disease, thyroid disease and last time I exchanged email with her she told me that she has been diagnosed with Addisons Disease.
Despite everything she remained very upbeat, she was a fighter, she tried so hard to be fit and healthy, she was a wonderful wife and mother, very caring, considerate, she had a wicked sense of humour, loved animals, esp her ponies and horses.

I miss her very much.

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
:( This is very bad news indeed! I didn't know her on here but that's irrelevant-any life cut short through cruel illness is a complete tragedy! :(

R.I.P

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is awful news, condolences to Tanya's family & friends.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
so sad, condolences to family and friends

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
WhitbyJet said:
I am so desperately sad, I've just been told that the lovely Tanya aka Fallenstar has passed away.
She had type 1 diabetes, coeliac disease, thyroid disease and last time I exchanged email with her she told me that she has been diagnosed with Addisons Disease.
Despite everything she remained very upbeat, she was a fighter, she tried so hard to be fit and healthy, she was a wonderful wife and mother, very caring, considerate, she had a wicked sense of humour, loved animals, esp her ponies and horses.

I miss her very much.

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”

Wj I'm so sorry to hear your news, sending you a ((((((((hug)))))))))) and my condolences X

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Very sad to hear this news, my condolences to all Tanya's friends and family

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
I've didn't know Fallenstar, or read any of her posts (I have now) but death is very hard to bear,
specially if its someone we know.

I am very sad to read your post WhitbyJet.

Death has a terrible sting in its tail.

willie.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I talked with her loads about running. I really am very sad. She never get her diabetes get on top of her. She was a big inspiration to me both as a runner and as a diabetic.

It's sad when anyone dies so young, but my impression of her was that she lived her life to the full.

Stephen

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Whitby Jet,
I was so shocked and totally stunned to read this this morning It's taken the whole day to be able to reply.
I've spent some time reading back her posts, she was a very feisty lady, active and she lived life to the full .
Thank you for telling us, I know that you will find the right words to pass on the messages of sympathy from the members of this forum to her family.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Condolences from me too.... :wave:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very sad news, thoughts are with her family and friends

xx

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
This is really sad news, my thoughts are with her family xxx

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so sorry to hear that Whitby. Condolences to her family amd friends. O hope you are doing okay. "May hosts of angels guide her to her rest"

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Been reading back past posts from fallen star .
Am moved to hear of this terribly sad news .
She was one of us ...

Much love and thoughts to her family and friends .

Why does Mr God [I always call him this ] take the best :angel: for eternal rest

Anna .

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear such sad news.Condolences to Tanya's family.

Roy.