Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's right!

You're clearly tired!

Think you meant to type 334 but, typo'd 234? Go get some
Unfortunately not that second cup of bovril gave me a second wind - must be something to do with the massive 12 cals per serving so just been out for a jog.

At 334 does one bomb count as just over I 'meal'. I'm aiming at 4 portions of 250 cals.

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Impressive first day, nomistheman , will you be running every day?
well done Baruney, it is jolly hard to hit those macros, all down to the nut swipers, possibly!

This morning, inexplicably, my fasting BGL was 5.4, which it has not been for months.
But my ketones were 2.1.
Made BPC, but was distracted by some urgent tasks, and didn't get to drink it.
About to try again.
Feeling very well and up for anything, but may review this, as busy day ahead.

Cheers @Merrylizard1314. Good to hear you are enjoying. The old mac nuts are emergency rations cos they have good ratios. I also have in case of emergency break glass pork scratchings but the protein is quite high. Anyroad as there were a couple of northerners at the meet I threw them in their general direction to which they do the their flat caps and devoured the whole lot like a bunch of beer bellied hungry whippets.

Other savour is my patented fat fast lunch boxes. You'd be hard pressed to get more than 300 cals in one of those.
Screenshots_2015-08-04-01-26-12.png

Reactions: 8 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 14604
Before bed:
Blood Glucose 4.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 1.8 mmol / L

Woke during the night with blood glucose 3.7 mmol / L

This morning:
Blood Glucose 4.3 mmol / L
Blood Ketones:

View attachment 14610

So very pleased with both of those! That's the lowest ever fasting blood glucose along with the highest ever fasting blood ketones for me!

Really excited to see how the ketosis progresses today - for all three of us!
Nice one @nomistheman. Yep be interesting on that count - are you looking to say below 3.6?

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.5 fasting blood and 0.3 blood ketones. Body still in glucosis then. Know it's going to take a while due to previous carb creep or avalanche may be a more appropriate term - just have to suck it up.

Bullet proof coffee for brekkie done and more coffee on the go.

optimal-ketosis-range-2-jpg.13200

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bite the bullet and jump in!

@zand beat us to it with their very own 5 day dairy fat fast. Check out their thread.

Yes I had a look at it... and been quietly reading this one.

I fear I might be getting in the wrong mindset by trying to push my weight loss. I have been on both extremes while low carbing: loosing really fast or not losing at all in the past, but never done the fat fast...

Merrylizard1314

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1438684095.071681.jpg

Made another BPC this morning with increased butter and MCT and have not felt hunger all day.
Got back too late to do high tea/dinner. And not really hungry enough to cook my fresh sardines. And now I've put this little feast together, I'm not sure I'll be able to have more than half.I have discovered this great crispy seaweed - only1carb for four pieces.
My BGL now, is 4.3 and ketones are 2.6
My family have all gone skiing again, and will be back on Sunday.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! I see now. Doh!

Yeah, I was quite surprised to be so deep in ketosis and know it's at, or maybe past, optimal ketosis. Thanks for the observation / reminder though.

I think you should consider MCT rather than coconut oil in your BulletProof Coffee - it'll help you get into ketosis. I've only once not been in ketosis three hours after consuming my BulletProof Coffee!
What would Jessie J say about that?

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I had a look at it... and been quietly reading this one.

I fear I might be getting in the wrong mindset by trying to push my weight loss. I have been on both extremes while low carbing: loosing really fast or not losing at all in the past, but never done the fat fast...
Why restrict yourself when your food looks so good! 4 portions of 250 cals means the most you can have is an egg/cream cheese sarnie for lunch (sans pain).

Reactions: 3 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All aboard. @zand did an on the spur one and before this one I did an off the cuff one with @Merrylizard1314 - in saying that I'm not 100% sure what the docs would say on the gall bladder issue? No docs going to be sued for following nhs guidelines.

:)

I'm ok with fats and my no-gallbladder status, never had problems with it. Always done low carb after having it removed so I'm used to it. So far today I just had coffee with lactofree and coconut oil, and some cream cheese... and now debating with myself if I should eat or just try this fat fast... I made some boiled eggs and mixed with mayo and have some bacon all waiting for me in the kitchen but hate the calorie counting aspect of this aproach... I guess I need myfitnesspal..

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 14619

Made another BPC this morning with increased butter and MCT and have not felt hunger all day.
Got back too late to do high tea/dinner. And not really hungry enough to cook my fresh sardines. And now I've put this little feast together, I'm not sure I'll be able to have more than half.I have discovered this great crispy seaweed - only1carb for four pieces.
My BGL now, is 4.3 and ketones are 2.6
My family have all gone skiing again, and will be back on Sunday.
Oh well at least you'll have company with your friend for supper or is he (or half of him at least) staying for breakfast......

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why restrict yourself when your food looks so good! 4 portions of 250 cals means the most you can have is an egg/cream cheese sarnie for lunch (sans pain).

I need to lose the weight I put back on in the last two months, I am very frustrated because I keep coming in and out of ketosis and can't feel the loss I normally have... my BG numbers are great but my weight doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction.

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:)

I'm ok with fats and my no-gallbladder status, never had problems with it. Always done low carb after having it removed so I'm used to it. So far today I just had coffee with lactofree and coconut oil, and some cream cheese... and now debating with myself if I should eat or just try this fat fast... I made some boiled eggs and mixed with mayo and have some bacon all waiting for me in the kitchen but hate the calorie counting aspect of this aproach... I guess I need myfitnesspal..
Bacon cream cheese egg sarnie (without the bread of course) for lunch then

Screenshots_2015-08-04-12-16-41.png

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hormones might be out of wack, time of the month, body readjusting to low carb after too much indulgence over a stressful period... whatever it is... I need the weight off... :confused:

About the gall bladder, I really never experienced any problems on high fat low carb, although I struggle to call my way of eating (when being good) high fat. In any case, digestive enzymes can help with that.

My thinking is that maybe the fat fast might help to re start the engine to a pace I am happy with, but we will see. One of my problems with increased fat is the lack of hunger... so it is always all more complex than it looks.

Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to lose the weight I put back on in the last two months, I am very frustrated because I keep coming in and out of ketosis and can't feel the loss I normally have... my BG numbers are great but my weight doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction.
Sorry to hear - that must be so frustrating with all the prior hard work you've put in. I'm reading Gary Taubes - why we get fat at the moment. He wouldn't be a fan of the fat fast - he has it in for carbs though - even leafy green ones to some extent!