Fat Head Dough...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Howdy all - has anyone here ever tried to use the dough as a pie topping? I fancy making a chicken and mushroom pie and I've used fathead dough for pizza and for savoury rolls... so was wondering whether the same would work for the topping for a pie?

And is there anybody better kitchen minded than me to give me step my step instructions of how to par-bake a pie (thinking of using Minced Beef Hot-Pot frozen leftovers to batch cook a few smaller empanadas to freeze and then be able to just milk-wash and bake.

Any help appreciated!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Howdy all - has anyone here ever tried to use the dough as a pie topping? I fancy making a chicken and mushroom pie and I've used fathead dough for pizza and for savoury rolls... so was wondering whether the same would work for the topping for a pie?

And is there anybody better kitchen minded than me to give me step my step instructions of how to par-bake a pie (thinking of using Minced Beef Hot-Pot frozen leftovers to batch cook a few smaller empanadas to freeze and then be able to just milk-wash and bake.

Any help appreciated!

Pasrty has never been my thing, so I haven't done this one, but Diet Doctor is usually pretty reliable. If it isn't fat head dough, the technique might help.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-empanadas-with-beef-filling

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to make discs of pastry, cooked on trays in the oven, simmer a pie filling in a pan, then put it into some broad dishes and place the cooked lid on top to serve. It looked very pie-ish when served.