Fat to eat it or not

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Cardioligist Aseem Maholtra especially on FB is swearing by fat, he's doing his absolute best to decriminalise it on health grounds...

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As a child I loved the top of the milk and fatty bacon but by teenage years was persuaded by the low fat lobby to go for semiskilled milk and to cut down on fat and eat loads of 'good' carbs. Didn't do me any good as I developed pre-diabetes.

But now life is transformed thanks to low carb high fat. I'm back on the streaky bacon, belly pork, full cream milk, veggies with butter or creme fraiche (full fat of course) lots of cheese, avocados, loving the pork crackling, skin on duck and chicken, cooking in coconut out, using olive oil on salads, eating berries with cream etc. Have never felt better and my lipid profile is vastly improved, blood sugar under control with out medication, massively more energy, many minor ailments went away. You don't need fibre to keep you 'regular' either. I think fibre was only actually necessary as everyone was busy gumming up the works with carbs and sugar. No idea of my 'macros' but wouldn't be surprised if it was 80% fat and life is fantastic.