Favourite low carb meal

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Just looking for some inspiration for evening meals and just wondering what your favourite low carb meal is? Preferably something that doesn’t take too long so suitable for midweek meal.

I would say my favourite midweek meal is probably grilled salmon (crispy skin,mmmmm) on top of sautéed cabbage and bacon with a splash of cream in it, and then maybe some green beans (and New pots for husband and son)

Or grilled gammon with cabbage, broccoli, and some cauli cheese (we often buy a ready made one and share between the three of us - i do make home made sometimes it’s nice to have something ready made when in a rush).

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Gammon, fried egg, fried onions, mushrooms and tomatoes!
All fresh and low carb!
Fried with goose fat!

Heaven!

Reactions: Prem51

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the steak and mushrooms, love chicken thighs with spice, love lamb any which way but my trusty meal will always be eggs any which way. Bit of brocolli on the side?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Roasts - chicken, lamb or beef - with cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts. I always cook extra meat and freeze it in portions in gravy - and I keep a select of veg in my freezer.

Reactions: Prem51 and Hungry19
D

Deleted member 308541

Seafood including fish, prawns, bugs, crabs, crayfish, yabbies (freshwater) etc.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Pork ribs with spicy rub.

Oven on high heat. Create rub with all of some of the next: smoked paprika, cayenne, turmeric, garlic powder, cumin and chilli or chilli flakes and water to paste consistency (optional curry powder).

Seal in a pan. Place on baking tray in oven for 15 minutes, turning after 8. Take out and place in foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.

Hide in a room and devour.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Roasted chicken thighs with garlic and pour over creamy bacon (bacon, mushrooms fried and add in cream). With lots of green veggies. A family favourite!

Reactions: Serena51 and Prem51

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diet Doctor belly pork with brussel sprouts - having it for tea tonight yum!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
upload_2019-1-30_15-37-31.jpeg

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pesto-chicken-casserole

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-30_15-37-49.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-30_15-37-49.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 346

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had that this week was delish - hubby wasn't keen though - made 3 portions so now have 2 in the freezer - extremely filling

Yes, I find the recipe makes a huge amount of creamy sauce.
So what I usually do is fish out the chicken, cheese and olives, and serve them with 'enough' sauce.
Then set the remaining sauce aside to pour over other meals. Very nice over steak, or veg.

Reactions: Prem51 and Chook

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A good steak, mushrooms fried in butter, a grilled tomato and 6 homemade fried chips.

or

A big breakfast eaten in the evening - eggs, bacon, a sausage, a tomato and the ever present mushrooms fried in butter

Reactions: Prem51 and Chook

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(A small piece of!) fillet steak bashed to very thin, then chopped to slivers. Sliced button mushrooms. A finely chopped onion. Lots of chopped parsley. Double cream. Salt and black pepper. A glass of white wine. Cauliflower or broccoli 'rice'.

Fry the steak in butter for a minute, then keep warm. Fry the onion and mushrooms in same pan for a couple of minutes, add back the steak, the wine, and seasoning, and lastly the parsley and cream. Serve with broccoli/cauliflower 'rice' or basmati rice for those who choose it. Beef Stroganoff.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Steam skinned smoked haddock or cod over boiling water and then flake it; keep it warm while you assemble the rest: lightly steamed cauliflower/broccoli "rice", a handful of chopped parsley, some pecans, peanuts or shelled pistachios, lightly fried in butter, a couple or three chopped hard-boiled eggs, a splash of soy sauce, a couple of shakes of salt and black pepper, (a few raisins or dried blueberries lightly fried in butter: I usually leave out this last ingredient to avoid added carbs and don't miss it).
Mix everything together in a warmed shallow dish. Make stripes on the top with chopped parsley and sieved hard-boiled egg yolk - it looks nice but I never have the time or patience to do this! Serve on warmed plates. Far East Kedgeree.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Chopped leeks fried in butter. With chicken chopped and pan fried with chilli and peanut butter.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chopped leeks fried in butter. With chicken chopped and pan fried with chilli and peanut butter.

Do you have to add water to the peanut butter to make it more like a sauce? What do you serve with it?