Feeling overwhelmed

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Resurgam. .....Until such time as I am able to withstand temptation on the ice cream and chocolate a ketone meter will just be wasted on me.

There’s always Oppo ice cream and high percentage chocolate, lower in carbs than the regular options ;)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Real icecream is eggs and cream, warmed gently to make a custard, allow to cool and add flavouring, then freeze.

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s always Oppo ice cream and high percentage chocolate, lower in carbs than the regular options ;)

Ooh, that would be like saying to someone who is trying to stop smoking that they could just cut down and have one cigarette a day. They'd be back to smoking a pack a day in no time. I can eat ice cream by the tub. :arghh:

As for chocolate, I've never liked high percentage chocolate very much, so it isn't appealing.

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Real icecream is eggs and cream, warmed gently to make a custard, allow to cool and add flavouring, then freeze.

I like the idea of making my own low-carb ice cream. I'll have to look up some recipes and give them a try. :)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the idea of making my own low-carb ice cream. I'll have to look up some recipes and give them a try. :)

The instant stuff is very simple. Put a few frozen berries and equal quantities of cream/cream cheese/mascapone/yoghurt in any combination in a blender with a sweetener of your choice and blend. Done. Eat it immediately though, it freezes to hard to be called ice cream.

If you have strawbs, choose the small ones or cut fresh ones into smaller bits before freezing, some blenders don’t cope with the big bits.