Feeling positive

sheepareevil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who are not polite/ have no manners
I had an awful day yesterday. An all day interview, that was not successful and a mild hypo in the evening. My other half has been keeping an eye on me, I think waiting for me to get upset.

However, being diagnosed less than 5 months ago and having been so ill, I can't help but feel grateful. So what I didn't get the job? I am healthy, my blood sugars are good. I have had no lasting damage from my ketoacidosis (something that my doctors and nurses still can't believe).

Being diagnosed has completly changed my outlook on life. I finally think that I am seeing the important things in life.
:p
Has anyone else found some positives after being diagnosed?

sunday

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter was twelve when she was diagnosted. After a few weeks she told me: "Mum, the positive thing about my diabetes is that now I know who are really my friends."
Vera

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sunday said:
My daughter was twelve when she was diagnosted. After a few weeks she told me: "Mum, the positive thing about my diabetes is that now I know who are really my friends."
Vera

I'm some ways this is incredibly sad. But at least she's looking on the bright side!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
So good to read a positive post, if I had a job I would employ you with an attitude like that, obviously not the right job for you !

Well done and keep marching onwards - life is an experience so enjoy the ride and good luck the right one will come along x

kendod666

sheepareevil said:
I had an awful day yesterday. An all day interview, that was not successful and a mild hypo in the evening. My other half has been keeping an eye on me, I think waiting for me to get upset.

However, being diagnosed less than 5 months ago and having been so ill, I can't help but feel grateful. So what I didn't get the job? I am healthy, my blood sugars are good. I have had no lasting damage from my ketoacidosis (something that my doctors and nurses still can't believe).

Being diagnosed has completly changed my outlook on life. I finally think that I am seeing the important things in life.
:p
Has anyone else found some positives after being diagnosed?

In the same boat, severe DKA admitted to a&e on the 7th may this year.

Diagnosed on the 9th, and according to blood work, urine and glucose levels I seem to be right back on the healthy track.

Soaked up as much info as I possibly could read reams on the subject.

I am looking at this as I am now my very own chemistry/biology experiment :)