Feeling so disheartened

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which fruit can you tolerate? At mo I have just been having raspberries and strawberries. X
That's basically it; berries! Usually with unsweetened whipped cream or clotted cream to go with it, or full fat greek yoghurt. :)

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of burgen bread send my blood glucose readings sky high.

Reactions: Pasha

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
That's basically it; berries! Usually with unsweetened whipped cream or clotted cream to go with it, or full fat greek yoghurt. :)
No apples or peach? X

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Which fruit can you tolerate? At mo I have just been having raspberries and strawberries. X
Hi, can I just add that blueberries and blackberries are also okay for most diabetics. I have about 8 to 10 blueberries in my Greek yoghurt with no problems with spikes :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper commercial poo bags? The ones we buy are scented. I wouldn't fancy eating blackberries from one of those. ;)
No, they are not scented. Perfuming a poo bag seems a bit like fitting an ashtray to a motorbike.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
It took me 27 years to develop after GD pregnancy. I’m sure you can turn it around as I did once (but piled weight back on re: lockdown) and am now on 1 metformin a day but I’m gonna come off those 100%. You have a very good attitude. X
Hi were u type 2 before and done diet and exercise then it came back because of weight gain because of lock down I had gestational diabetes with my 4 kids I’m 37 then in March I was tired weeing a lot got a blood test done it was 54 mm then I went back June 36mm diet exercise only I’ve reversed it now I’m hoping to keep it that way for ever but I don’t know if it will come back hopefully it won’t I’m going work my **** of to make sure xx

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't forget the rhubarb! The only fruit sanctioned by Dr Richard K Bernstein ("Diabetes Solution"). But without sugar, obviously! Now I am used to avoiding sugar, I often find the sweetness of natural Greek yoghurt enough contrast to the tartness of the fruit, or I sometimes turn to erythritol for that castor sugar crunch.

andromache

Don't forget the rhubarb! The only fruit sanctioned by Dr Richard K Bernstein ("Diabetes Solution"). But without sugar, obviously! Now I am used to avoiding sugar, I often find the sweetness of natural Greek yoghurt enough contrast to the tartness of the fruit, or I sometimes turn to erythritol for that castor sugar crunch.
I’m impressed! Rhubarb is the one and only reason I keep a bottle of Stevia drops in the cupboard.. :)