Feet

Bridie9408

Hi everyone just want to say had my assessment done on my feet yesterday and everything is fine. I had my nails cut my pulse checked in my feet and the feeling in my feet checked. Do any of you type 1 have this done.

Reactions: kaylz91

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi everyone just want to say had my assessment done on my feet yesterday and everything is fine. I had my nails cut my pulse checked in my feet and the feeling in my feet checked. Do any of you type 1 have this done.

Hi @Bridie9408 I've never had a foot assessment, so perhaps this is unique to your trust. I just get a prod on mine at my annual review and that's all :)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
When I was in the UK they checked my feet yearly at my diabetic clinic. In Australia my GP supplied me with a "care Plan" that included a trip to the podiatrist. The podiatrist duly checked my feet, said everything was normal (ie non diabetic) and suggested I could have several more free visits that year. I pointed out that since I was complication free there was no need for more than an annual check.

In New Zealand (for the last year) I've had a very brief foot check by the diabetic nurse - I guess I'll pay for a podiatrist if I develop calluses, ingrowing toenails etc...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I get a foot tickle every year at my GP surgery, even though my care is at the hospital. I still have to go for an annual checkup at the GP, so they can tick the boxes and collect the funding.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Every year at my diabetic appointment at my GP's (not by a GP, its done by the diabetic nurse) they check the pulse in my feet and a check for feeling (with something that looks a bit like a tuning fork)