Fibre

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.........my tummy REALLY misses it and would welcome any advice to make it happy again

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lots of green veg, psyllium husk, water, coffee, excercise.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots of green veg, psyllium husk, water, coffee, excercise.

I’ve never heard of psyllium husk before. Is it a supplement?

Trying to up my water intake, and have a daily coffee. I never used to be a fan of coffee, but have been rather enjoying a morning bullet coffee!

Thank you for the suggestions x

Reactions: ianpspurs

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating currently?

But try green vegetables, rhubarb, nuts??

Robbity

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I incorporate psyllium, flax seed and chia seeds into my diet they help. Plus if I hit trouble I have a couple of sugar free sweets. The ones that use polyols as the sweetener, that’s the ones labelled “excessive consumption may have a laxative effect”! :hilarious:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Stronggirlsclub i used to use inulin in my morning coffee just a couple of teaspoons you mix with coffee and it dissolves and is tasteless plus it works. However I now find that I don’t need it as use similar things in baking and cooking like psyllium husk and erythritol which both work like inulin. So a slice of low carb bread or cake can work as well as a vegetable!
You can get inulin powder from places like amazon.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’ve never heard of psyllium husk before. Is it a supplement?

Trying to up my water intake, and have a daily coffee. I never used to be a fan of coffee, but have been rather enjoying a morning bullet coffee!

Thank you for the suggestions x
It's a seed. It acts to bulk out waste so make it easier to pass.

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I incorporate psyllium, flax seed and chia seeds into my diet they help. Plus if I hit trouble I have a couple of sugar free sweets. The ones that use polyols as the sweetener, that’s the ones labelled “excessive consumption may have a laxative effect”! :hilarious:

good tip about the sweets

I’m going to make some chia pudding this afternoon so hopefully that’ll help!

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Stronggirlsclub i used to use inulin in my morning coffee just a couple of teaspoons you mix with coffee and it dissolves and is tasteless plus it works. However I now find that I don’t need it as use similar things in baking and cooking like psyllium husk and erythritol which both work like inulin. So a slice of low carb bread or cake can work as well as a vegetable!
You can get inulin powder from places like amazon.

I’m going to attempt the lemon drizzle cake this afternoon so maybe that will help!

Thank you for the tips!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can only second the salad, chia seeds, psyllium husk and flaxseed route. Salt in water seemed to work early on for me and a real addition is raspberries, flaxseed, psyllium husk, 10 cal jelly and double cream. My aim is 30 gms fibre a day and I hit it most days. Flaxseed bread a la Hemsleys is very impressive fibrewise. We are going to try rolls recommended on another thread which include impressive levels of psyllium husk powder.
Anyhow, just my input so feel free to ignore.