Finally

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Well after nearly 5 months I'm getting fitted for my sticks and getting to see the physiotherapist. My meds are going up again gabapentin 3 x 3 goes up to 3 x 4 next thurs then 3 x 5 the following thurs. on top of that 8 paracetemol and 8 tramadol. so if this stuff doesn't work in the next 3 weeks I'll be taking 33 tablets a day and that concerns me that can't be good for a person :?:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Don't know what to say, or how to comfort & encourage you, Ham.

I do hope you get on OK & your mobility improves. <<<<hugs>>>>

C

catherinecherub

Hi Ham,
Like Ian, words are useless for you at a time like this and cliches do nothing.

There is one thing we can all say today,

Happy Birthday to you.

Attachments

• champagne.gif
    champagne.gif
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,003

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
cheers I wish champers was on the menu would love a glass but my tabs won't allow but thankyou

C

catherinecherub

Hi Ham,
I hope the day is going well for you and you are enjoying your Birthday.
Chin up, all this pain has to be sorted soon.

Take care,

Catherine.

Angeldust

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
WINTER. COLD. RAIN. WIND.
Hey.. so you got the gabapentin!? Good good.. I am really glad about that. I promise your nerve pain should subside soon. Best medicine I've ever taken. Only one I can really say works.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
cheers angel things are on the up sort of seeing psyio on friday so I'll be able to walk at least

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
great news ham :D

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
surprise surprise the luck of me strikes again. Got crutches to give me stability BUT!!!!! "there is no point in giving phsyio until or if you get the neuropathy under control" ok I understand that but then she added " have you been told this could be permanent because it looks quite bad from your notes and looking at you" Ouch!! all I know is being a chef or running restaurants which I won't be doing on crutches

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
been on the max dose now for a few days and I'm still getting worse. my doctor has asked who is in charge of my care because he doesn't know "where to go" I've had enough whats the point I can't eat, sleep' walk or do anything yet I'm forcing down all these tablets and taking my insulin like a good little robot why bother I'm not getting better It's not fair on my family who have to see me like this

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi,
I can't urge you enough to reconsider getting off Lantus, you seem to have tried everything else. You said you came off it for a week and didn't notice an improvement- it takes people longer than a week to be rid of all the side-effects Lantus causes.
When I first met up with another forum member 'lantus survivor' ,last year, she could only walk very slowly. She had been, as you are, walking with use of sticks.
You need to get your life back, so it's got to be worth a try hasn't it?
Jus

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ham,
how are u today?

Dobbs

hi ham,
I know it's really tough, but I too think you have to be patient. Neuropathy really can improve. A year ago I had real problems (though certainly not as bad as what you're describing) and for a few months now I have hardly any. These things do take time. You have to follow strictly what you believe to be the best diet for you and take good medical advice (chance'd be a fine thing) about medications.
These complications suck all right, but NOTHING is permanent in this world.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
really bad today. I'm getting desperate 5 months is a long time on statutory sick pay with 2 kids I want to be able to be me again

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yes i can understand that, seeing as you have tried everything else doing as janabelle said may be worth a try :?

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
really bad today not that I have what could be called a good day. I'm just going insane I can't provide for my family ssp doesn't go far with 2 kidsn.5 months is a long time when going to the shop is a day trip that leaves you in so much pain you can't move for 3 days

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi,
Couldn't sleep, found this info while surfing. Thought you might find it interesting.
http://www.iddb.org/drugs/lantus/ Read patients' posts, they start about 1/2 way down page.
Nite
Jus

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ham,
i know it wont help with the pain but have u tried to see if there are any other benefits u could claim :?: