Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I don't think..................no I am sure that Muffmitz was not who he said he was.

Can't believe that a Clinical Psychologist would act/react in such a manner. I suspect it was just someone coming on this forum spoiling for a fight!

I have noticed that there are one or two lately joining the forum with the same intentions. :(

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Nigel.

I am sure you are right. Every weekend we are plagued with these Trolls. As you say all they are looking for is an argument. They have nothing constructive to offer and they are just a waste of ours and everybody elses time.

We take so much, but we do have limits. This one today went past that limit.

We call them the Weekend or Sunday Troll's. We have had them around for months, I don't suppose we shall ever get rid of them all. Just when they show their true colours.....that's when they are History !

Ken

Julz

I have the Accucheck multiclix to use with the Nano, and its brilliant. im the biggest baby out when it comes to having to stab my own fingers, and had stopped using my old machine that i bought from LLoyds pharmacy because it left my fingers so sore and you needed quite a large blob of blood for it to work. After throwing a wobbler on starting Metformin a couple of weeks ago, i bought the Accucheck set from Boots on half price offer, and use the finger clicker on level 2, to produce a tiny speck of blood painlessly, with no sore bits afterwards due to its ultrafine needles which i think are 0.03mm diameter.

Hopefully i will be buying a second one soon as a spare whilst they are still on offer!

Julia

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Julz said:
I have the Accucheck multiclix to use with the Nano, and its brilliant. im the biggest baby out when it comes to having to stab my own fingers, and had stopped using my old machine that i bought from LLoyds pharmacy because it left my fingers so sore and you needed quite a large blob of blood for it to work. After throwing a wobbler on starting Metformin a couple of weeks ago, i bought the Accucheck set from Boots on half price offer, and use the finger clicker on level 2, to produce a tiny speck of blood painlessly, with no sore bits afterwards due to its ultrafine needles which i think are 0.03mm diameter.

Hopefully i will be buying a second one soon as a spare whilst they are still on offer!

Julia

No need to shell out to obtain one Julia.. you can request one from AccuChek direct by e-mail via the Contact Us form on their website. Tell'em you had an accident with your existing one and it fell to bits. Roché are excellent with their freebies ...good luck!

Julz

Thanks for that, i was about to go out and buy a spare, and i have just found out that they have gone back up to full price!

Julia

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Julz,

Hobs is right, most meter manufactures are happy to supply these items. They recover the cost by charging extortionate price's for the test strips.

You could also ask your diabetes clinic, they normally get freebies from the meter company reps to give to patients, I always get mine in this way, no need to pay something when free ones are available. I use the nano too, excellent little meter.

Nigel

cjw

Hi, I haven't read all the posts on this but I haven't done a finger prick for years! I use a Freestyle Lite meter and pricker which uses blood from my forearms. There are other machines which do this as well. Be worth checking with your DSN but my control is good and it hurts so much less. I do about 4 or 5 tests a day. The meters come with different "ends" depending if you are using fingers or other areas.

I would certainly recommend unless there is a problem with doing it for a child?

Type 1 for 34 years, blood testing for about 26 of those and no finger pricks for about 5 of them!

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
So back to finger pricking :mrgreen: are all fingers prickers the same? I have about 3-4 meters, 2 Accu check and one Freestyle Lite. I have another one hidden somewhere :lol:
But just wondering if some prickers are better than others. Only just started pricking, so no sore fingers as of yet :mrgreen:

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Best thing to do if your using any finger pricker with an adjustable depth is put it down to its lowest and press against the skin and then increase untill you get blood. You *should* hopefully find a depth that gets blood most times with practically no pain at all. 8)

The multiclix is my prefferd and recomended due to 6 in 1 drum but the others do the job just as painlessly most times but are more hassle due to sharps etc.