First day keto!

Mel2019

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Done my first day on keto today feeling good about it, started eating just after midday as im not a breakfast fan! Stopped eating around 6, id appreciate if anyone would have a look see if I done ok!

Food
Day 1

9.30am. Bottle of water
10.51 iced coffee
12.35 ham eggs cheese spinach
15.21 cucumber hummus 1/8 walnuts
17.49 sausage onion cheese pepper aubergine

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I'm not an expert (understatement), I'm on day 16, but it's nice to have a quick reply so here I am;)
I felt great after 24hrs, hope you do too, although as I've learned everyone is (very) different.
I wonder about the hummus (chickpeas are some of those "good carbs" which I think have been giving me problems). I don't think it's a deal breaker but will be interested to hear what others say.
It looks good though.
How do you feel, was it a pain to plan meals or did you adjust easily?
CoP

Mel2019

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I'm not an expert (understatement), I'm on day 16, but it's nice to have a quick reply so here I am;)
I felt great after 24hrs, hope you do too, although as I've learned everyone is (very) different.
I wonder about the hummus (chickpeas are some of those "good carbs" which I think have been giving me problems). I don't think it's a deal breaker but will be interested to hear what others say.
It looks good though.
How do you feel, was it a pain to plan meals or did you adjust easily?
CoP

Im not that worried about the hummus to be honest I can take it or leave it altho I would like to hear of other "dips" I could eat with my veggie sticks! Honestly I got the lunch meal of diet doctor and sort of through the dinner together lol the lunch was prepared in advance this morning as we were in a play date! Im feeling grand a little more energy perhaps? Sugars are currently sitting at 5.3 using the finger prick monitor.

Reactions: DJC3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Im not that worried about the hummus to be honest I can take it or leave it altho I would like to hear of other "dips" I could eat with my veggie sticks! Honestly I got the lunch meal of diet doctor and sort of through the dinner together lol the lunch was prepared in advance this morning as we were in a play date! Im feeling grand a little more energy perhaps? Sugars are currently sitting at 5.3 using the finger prick monitor.
You're making me hungry. Well done. :)

Reactions: Mel2019

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a little more energy perhaps
this! Someone came back to work today after two weeks hols and said I had way more energy and looked better than I had for a while. Also I'd clearly been "not right" for a while. So YES loads more energy (and I mean loads) for me.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You appear to be doing well Mel, Blood sugar of 5.3 this evening is brilliant.
How about guacamole dip around 2g carbs/ 100g or I just tend to go for a good quality Mayo, Hellman’s for instance at 1.2 g carbs/100g

Edited for typo

Last edited:

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
other "dips"
tzatziki or Raita same thing really, yoghurt /creme fraiche/ sour cream with grated cucumber (some herbs if you want) easy to prepare but best if left to meld together for 1/2 an hour or so. Strangely pesto mixed into yoghurt/creme fraiche/sour cream is nice too (well I like it), stands the addition of more cheese too :)

Mel2019

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You appear to be doing well Mel, Blood sugar of 5.3 this evening is brilliant.
How about guacamole dip around 2g carbs/ 100g or I just tend to go for a good quality Mayo, Hellman’s for instance at 1.2 pg carbs/100g

I do love mayo I must grab some!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@Mel2019 You are doing fantastic! Making me hungry reading all that!