1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fitness tracker?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by SueJB, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

So you may be able to sync your fitness tracker to your phone.

2. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Swim is quite a big ask. You will have to research which ones are waterproof. That will cut down your choice and probably bump up the cost a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wendy18168

Wendy18168 Type 2 · Newbie

Fitbit Charge 2. Fantastic in keeping track of my step count.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mouadeddouch

mouadeddouch · Newbie

here is the latest one from HUAWEI, Honor Band 4​

5. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Probably too late to be of use Sue, but here goes.

Once i was warned in august, that my bloods looked dodgy, i started using the Mobile to track steps etc.
    to improve my fitness levels
    it was ok..problem was i would leave phone down on side and go off and go do some 'exercise' aka walking and that would not get counted.
    i stuck it for a month, but got disillusioned, by it, So started looking for a solution, the wearable seemed the best option.

Was unsure if i would use / need or appreciate a fitness tracker, so was reluctant to spend too many dollars on an expensive paperweight.

then i spotted the MiFit2, and then as i was looking deeper and comparing reviews to the honor and fitbits,, they brought out the Mi-Fit 3..LINK

TECHRADAR review is here..LINK

for me it was simply that cheap introduction price, that sold it alongside the solid reviews on amazon and elsewhere....and if it didn't work or get used, i was only £25 down on the deal.
    clicked link, paid and bought one.

Luckily i got on with it and loved it from day one.

I am no gym bunny or triathlete wannabe, but for my needs... it was perfect.

battery life is a month +..(but i normally only get about 8/9 days out of it..because i'm using it so often.
    *you can't call out, but it will vibrate and tell you a call is coming in and who, it can be set to show messages/emails/whatsapps.. something i find a nice touch)

Linked easily to bluetooth (Moto G) but any android phone above 4.4, which was KITKAT, so most new phones should be good to go..,
    and the phone app was easy to use..i ended up using Notify & exercise
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mc.miband1&hl=en_GB,

the OE app is perfectly fine, i just wanted a little more info detail.
    The Mi-fit links easily to google FIT
    others sites are available but some will, dependent on the other app require purchase to share data.
    Google FIT was free.

And the data is very addictive.

I went ott and ended up with sleep as ANDROID, as my go to app for sleeping, however once my free trial was over, i ended up just the Mi-fit sleep tracker, which gives times of deep sleep, light sleep and awake..with a tiny pointer as to how well you slept compared to others.

The band IS pretty comfortable as is..i doubt it's been off my wrist at all since october apart from the few times it's been charged..but there is plenty of options on amazon for leather/metal bracelets galore.

as for the band, it's smaller then a wrist watch strap..more akin to an I.D bracelet from the hospital regarding size.
    and looks pretty smart..had one apple watch guy ask if it was the latest apple watch, with a tad of envy,,LoL

Once explained he said he wished he had got one, as he barely used the full abilities on the apple.

I have found the HR monitor to be pretty close, reviews from YT where they a have compared HR from the Mi-fit to other makes puts it pretty close as well as with the steps, which was kinda nice to see and good enough for me..

Never swam or showered with it on
    but if i am washing my hands,,etc it's never been a problem, so waterproof.at that level..

As ever it's a users choice.
    Would i buy another ..?
    Given what i knew at the time..YES.absolutely.
    it's a perfect first timers/toe in the water effort..and it exceeded my expectations at that by far.

But now it's opened that pandora's box, because now i wonder how i lived without one..
    so i am now searching out a more watch like appearance
    the fitbit, doesn't really do it for me, nor does the apple watch..looks like all those others cheap chinese copies, though the tech is par excellence as expected.

Dallied with the tic watch, considered the samsung Gear, huawei , and at the moment brand loyalty has me monitoring the prices of the Xaomi Stratos...(saw a great review from a tri-athlete site, which switched me on to it..circa £150 but looking for a price drop after chrimbo...<fingers crossed>

Prepare for a LONG read, this review is IN DEPTH
    https://the5krunner.com/2018/05/04/amazfit-stratos-review/

• Agree Agree x 1
    #25 jjraak, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:17 AM
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook