Flu Jab

michellem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I always have mine, it protects you from the most commonly occuring flu strain for that year. Having mine next week - I work in the NHS so we always get offered it at work.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
MrsMushroom said:
I am pregnant and will most definitely be having mine.

Nice one, when's your due date?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I had my flu jab on Tuesday. Worth it for the £17 I had to pay :shock: It seems to be a particularly nasty strain this year.

Pipsqueak

I had mine yesterday. In and out in 30 seconds! I've had one every year since I was a child (now 30) and missed it once when there was a shortage - and got flu.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
MrsMushroom said:
Aw thank you! I'm quite early on, only 5 weeks. Due date is 10th June 2013

Something to look forward too! :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Off to have mine done just.now. First time will there be cake?

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Fraddycat said:
No cake xyzzy, but it only takes seconds and you get a bit of a sore arm for a day.

Well that was efficient :) Didn't get cake but got the one off bargain life time pneumonia jab as well for being a diabetic on tablets or insulin.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just booked my flu jab with boots for a couple of weeks time on a Saturday - don't suppose my GP will be happy with me going "out of house" - but for me to go to the flu jab clinic through the week costs me 2.5 hrs respite care and at £15 per hr for care plus £4 bus fare it's not a cheap do!.

On a Saturday my hubby does the care and I get a lift in - there must me more than just me who would appreciate a Saturday clinic - they do a appointment morning every second Saturday for those who need to see a GP but can't do it through the week - so why not a clinic?? - :roll:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lovinglife said:
they do a appointment morning every second Saturday for those who need to see a GP but can't do it through the week - so why not a clinic?? - :roll:

Exactly, both my wife's and my own gp practise do a Saturday morning sessions for the flu jab.....can't see why yours would be any different.

marie.T1

hi all i had my flu jab yesterday i knew my arm was going to be sore afterwards but i have got pain all down my left side from my head to my ankle ! is this normal?

shop

marie.T1 said:
hi all i had my flu jab yesterday i knew my arm was going to be sore afterwards but i have got pain all down my left side from my head to my ankle ! is this normal?

Hi Marie,

Dont think thats what they meant by slightly sore arm. I just had a little soreness and actually forgot, then thought "oh that'll be the flu jab!" Sounds like it could be something else!

I would get it checked out and I hope it gets better soon,

Lucy. xxx

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Had mine this morning. Due to our surgery having been flooded out since June, it is now based in temporary accomodation and the 3 weekend flu clinics have been held in various village/town halls. It worked really well, a bit more of a community feel and a laugh, and there were biscuits on offer too :thumbup: (I declined of course!!!)

dwibley

Three years ago I had the swine flu vaccination & pneumonia vaccine. Unfortunately I caught swine flu and I have never felt so ill in all my life. The previous two years I decided not to have any vaccines and have not had any problems so I've decided to continue to abstain from the vaccinations this year too.

It may just be coincidence but we all have the right to make an informed decision. It's just a personal preference, everyone has to weigh up their own experiences and I hope everyone gets through the winter OK.

Semone

I got the jab as soon as my diabetic nurse got her hands on me after I was released from hospital... Its up to you, but I think its really important that you follow the medics advise and get the jab... People who say they caught the flu after the jab should think how bad it would have been if you didnt get the vaccine...

Just a thought - Im glad I got mine, but its up to the individual I suppose

Kimton61

Just booked mine for his year.The posters have been up in my surgery since early September,but my partner who is at a different surgery had to badger them for about a week before they evenually agreed it was time to give out the jab......... :roll: