Flu Jab

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had mine on weds, had a dead arm for 3 days but other than that no bother, in and out in less than a minute! :)

Unbeliever

Hellbunny said:
Had mine on weds, had a dead arm for 3 days but other than that no bother, in and out in less than a minute! :)
I tried o make an appointment fr flu jabs for myself and husband oday. Our practice has two surgeries
about a thousand nurses [only a slight exagerration} we were prepared o go to eiher at any time.
They have had clinics for the past few years but before that if you so uch as walked past he surgery a Dr would pop out and offer you a jab.
Not today however. No can't be done. Ah wait a slot next wednesday. h no ! Only one slot , can't possibley do TWO jabs . next appointment available. Oh no idea we don;t work it out more than 2 weeks ahead.
Might try Boots. less hassle .
A slot indeed! akes a few seconds! We used to call i empire Building. This is why I have given up trying to get the 3 monthly HbA1cs the consultant ordered. They can' t fdo simple things. Everything has to be a "clnic " or a "review" or now a "slot"!

AMBrennan

My surgery does flue clinics on weekends with all staff working assembly line - seems quite efficient given the amount of paperwork and safety precautions involved.

elainechi

jane 12 T 1 has flu jab every year now......always a bit late for her as a few days of autumn term and she gets a cold that turns into a chest infection....perfectly safe for kids so go for it x

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all.
Had my flu jab yesterday morning.
Bit of a sore arm last night - am fine this morning achey arm gone! :thumbup:
Anna.

desidiabulum

I find that arranging a date for a flu jab is a surefire way of ensuring that I then fall ill anyway and have to reschedule the injection. It just happened yet again this week. Maybe the answer is not to arrange the test and just pay a nurse to creep up unawares and stab me from behind...

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
desidiabulum said:
I find that arranging a date for a flu jab is a surefire way of ensuring that I then fall ill anyway and have to reschedule the injection. It just happened yet again this week. Maybe the answer is not to arrange the test and just pay a nurse to creep up unawares and stab me from behind...
-
Hi .
How weird this happened with me - I had mine booked couple of weeks back.
I look after our 3yr old grandaughter 2-3 days weekly [parents working]
Lifted her up and ended up at hospital with a torn muscle in my back! :thumbdown:
Had to cancel the flu jab appt !
Had it done yesterday instead - jabbed arm fine now.
Back still painful !!! :problem:
Anna.

dwibley

AMBrennan said:
Had mine yesterday. Surprisingly, it did neither killed me nor caused sky high BG nor caused autism. :think:

For the previous years that I've not had the flu vaccination - surprisingly, I'm still here, my blood glucose levels are marvellous and no autism either

Mushroom

I will be thinking twice before having a 'flu jab. I had my first ever jab nearly two years ago (before I knew I was diabetic) and less than 6 weeks later, I developed an auto-immune condition called Vasculitis - a rash from inflammed/leaking blood vessels. It is in itself 'fairly uncommon' but according to the web is a possible reaction to vaccines. The tingling I still had in my hands and feet led to the diabetes tests and diagnosis. So - not in a hurry to have another 'flu jab. If anyone has had the same reaction, I would be very interested to know.

DickM

Had my jab yesterday and had no problems at all. Have been having it since I was diagnosed and have never had any side effects, don't even feel the needle.

Tootse

For the last few years, before being diagnosed earlier this year in June, I have received a letter requesting I go in to have the flu jab. However, this year I have heard nothing. I wonder why?

I have an appointment with the diabetic nurse next week and will add this to my list of questions.

lisamariebrankin

my daughter had hers about 2-3 weeks back... me nor my partner have ever had it but we left the surgery with a smile.
someone mentioned earlier on the thread about allergic reaction... the jab contains egg in it... so we were smiling bout my daughter having egg injected in her leg lol...

on a serious note though... the docs and scientists obviously know what they are doing, otherwise they wouldnt waste money giving them out free to certain people... i would never go against the science!!! my daughter ran high bms for a few days then returned to her normal self... no flu yet lol :) (touch wood)

Gluck

Went for my 6 month blood test and got persuaded by the nurse to have my flu jab "well your here now so you might as well". I think she just enjoying poking people...
Sore arm etc all better now ... still waiting on those blood test results though

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mines tomorrow morning :( RRB