Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
noblehead said:
Robinredbreast said:
Mines tomorrow morning :( RRB

Nothing to worry about RRB :)

Yes I know, in 23 years this will only be the 2nd time I have had the flu jab, I have never had flu and very rarely get coughs and colds. My dad says its our good scottish blood :D RRB

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Robinredbreast said:
Yes I know, in 23 years this will only be the 2nd time I have had the flu jab, I have never had flu and very rarely get coughs and colds. My dad says its our good scottish blood :D RRB

Could be RRB :) Only ever had flu once and it was awful, I couldn't lift my head off the pillow and struggled to eat, drink and inject, ever since I've never missed the flu jab.....although I know it doesn't fully protect us.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Mushroom said:
I will be thinking twice before having a 'flu jab. I had my first ever jab nearly two years ago (before I knew I was diabetic) and less than 6 weeks later, I developed an auto-immune condition called Vasculitis - a rash from inflammed/leaking blood vessels. It is in itself 'fairly uncommon' but according to the web is a possible reaction to vaccines. The tingling I still had in my hands and feet led to the diabetes tests and diagnosis. So - not in a hurry to have another 'flu jab. If anyone has had the same reaction, I would be very interested to know.

Oddly enough, a couple of years ago I was working in a hospital and swine flu broke out in our department. A few weeks before Christmas two women who sat about 5 feet away from me went down with it and were off ill for weeks. We heard of another who actually died from it. I had never had a flu jab and I left the job on Christmas Eve and was due to start a new job in the New Year. However, once I'd left work I came down with what I thought was a severe chest infection which floored me and left a residual discomfort in my right lung which never cleared. A short while later I developed angioedema and anaphylaxis and ended up in hospital for almost a week and had a punch biopsy for vasculitis which came back as negative. I spent 10 months getting through that, and still the right lung wasn't clear and didn't actually clear until in January I ended up with pneumonia and was given a stronger antibiotic which eventually did the trick. I also get tingling in my lips, hands, feet and legs especially first thing in the morning for some reason, but it wears off once I'm up and about. Not sure why it happens at night and early morning only. But the skin itch is still there but livable with now.

I decided to have the flu jab early this week and while I was there the nurse quickly jumped in with the pneumonia jab too so I thought 'In for a penny, in for a pound'. I had no noticeable side effects from it at all, even went swimming the next day and no soreness in my arms. I'm hoping winter will be kinder to me this year.

pinky1111

had mine a month ago and 8 days later had the flu.. happens every year :shock: .... not sure how bad I would get the flu if i didnt have it,but got flu three times last year despite the injection.Not sure what happens..am I just unlucky? :(

Back Dragon

Had flu jabs for 3 years and each time felt really rought after for a few day, then a few weeks later always around xmas time I got flu, last time so bad I needed hospital treatment....past 2 years no flu jab and no flu...so no more jabs for me..

KarinB

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars, Cats,
My 19 year old son was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1 on 12th October and we have spoken about the flu jab. Is it a good idea if other members of his family living in the same house get it too?

D

Deleted member 45091

Ive been diabetic for around 23 years, ive never had it up until around 5 years ago. I still get abit **** this time of year but iam not having it and proberly never again. Its an individual choice, if i really believed they have thoroughly researched it, and they have my interest at heart and if they did a good job all year round then just maybe i would. But unfortunately i dont, i thought i was dying last year and thats with just having the jab rang the good old doctors yes we can get you an appointment next week.. ha ha jokers. I was bad for about 2 weeks solid. I think as per usual its scaremongery or trying to meet targets for an extra few quid in there pot. I do feel for people having flus etc ive had it where ive been bed bound and its **** feel like dying. But iam just concerned they seem to vaccine and have medicines for everything surely in the long term this would cause the viruses etc to get more vicious and resistant, how can we build up our own immune system if theres vaccines for most things. I think virius today seem alot more severe and iam assuming all the medications we come to rely on is playing a big role. What happened to the good old days i nice shot of whiskey in ya coffee. :thumbup: