Flu Jabs

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I wasn't criticising you at all Jack. I'm envious because I would like refuse them too. I also wasn't saying I feel that having a flu jab is the right thing to do. I felt so helpless when I got ill with chest infections and pneumonia and have wasted too much of my life laid low with them, I can't bear the thought of being ill like that again.
Not to sure how much science backs this but I'm aiming for increased vitamin right now to help fight off flu.
Here's to staying as well as possible for us all.
Hard work this growing old with ailments.

Reactions: 8 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Not to sure how much science backs this but I'm aiming for increased vitamin right now to help fight off flu.

Good Luck mate

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I'm doing that too and if I'm honest I have more faith in that than the jabs!

Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Vitamin D seems to be the anti flu thing.
From sunlight and food.

Reactions: 5 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Its that time of year again when the Flu jabs are rolled out.I had a Pnuemonia jab yesterday and ill enquire about the flu jab when i see the nurse in October.

johnboy, I've taken the jabs for a number of years now and can honestly say I've
suffered a winter cold or flu since I started getting it. Thanks for the reminder.

btw The nurse mentioned last year that a number of patients complain the jag actually
gives them the flu, but she explained the flu bug would actually have been in their
bodies before they received the jag.
I reckon that is probably true.

Thanks again for the reminder.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Had my Pneumonia jab last year and am told only need it once will be having my flu jab in October...better safe than sorry i say
PatsyB, like izzzi, I've never heard of the Pneumonia jab. Thank you for your post.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Vit D never fought off my 5 awful colds n chest infections in 5 months last year. Neither did Vit C!! Why I have to blame flu vaccine (or pneumonia one) for completely knackering my immune system.

I wait to see what I get this year and every year now!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Vit D never fought off my 5 awful colds n chest infections in 5 months last year. Neither did Vit C!! Why I have to blame flu vaccine (or pneumonia one) for completely knackering my immune system.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
johnboy, I've taken the jabs for a number of years now and can honestly say I've
suffered a winter cold or flu since I started getting it. Thanks for the reminder.

btw The nurse mentioned last year that a number of patients complain the jag actually
gives them the flu, but she explained the flu bug would actually have been in their

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

PatsyB, like izzzi, I've never heard of the Pneumonia jab. Thank you for your post.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

You're welcome Willie.Sorry to hear that you have suffered a winter cold or flu since you started with the jab

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

I hope you dont get any of em this time

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thing is, if I don't, I know one of the jabs was to blame for sure!!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
You're welcome Willie.Sorry to hear that you have suffered a winter cold or flu since you started with the jab
johnboy, I failed to include 1 vital word in the reply..
(O' the price I pay for being bit of a plonker at times) :rolleyes: :playful:

>>>>>>>>

*never* suffered a winter cold or flu since I started getting it. Thanks for the reminder.

Sorry about that.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

>>>>>>>>

Sorry about that.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Oh right well thats good then isnt it

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
The "anti" flu vaccination can not save you from every strain of flu on the planet but what it does do is gives you protection from those most likely to be a problem in that year.

Quote from NHS Choices web site:

"The 2014/15 vaccine protects against three types of flu virus. This year’s flu jab protects against:

• H1N1 – the strain of flu that caused the swine flu pandemic in 2009
  • H3N2 – a strain of flu that can infect birds and mammals and was active in 2011
  • B/Massachusetts/2 – a strain of flu that was active in 2012"

I have had the flu jab every year now since I suffered respiratory failure 7 years ago and have touch wood never had flu in that time, that said Ive only ever had flu twice in my life and both times I was very sick for at least 2 or 3 weeks, the common cold is NOT the flu although many people say they have the flu when in reality it is just a common cold, the flu jab will not stop anyone catching a clod it is not designed for that purpose.

I have had no bad reactions from the flu jab at all apart from a dull ache for a few hours on a couple of occasions, in fact bad reactions are very rare.

Quote from NHS Choices:

"Flu jab side effects
Serious side effects of the injected flu vaccine are very rare. You may have a slight temperature and aching muscles for a couple of days after having the jab, and your arm may be a bit sore where you were injected.

Flu is a highly infectious illness caused by the flu virus. It spreads rapidly through small droplets coughed or sneezed into the air by an infected person."

I thought id write the quotes in big red letters like JACKTHELAD does because apparently it looks more impressive!

Link to the NHS Choices web site where the quotes I made come from, definitely worth a read on this very important subject.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/flu-influenza-vaccine.aspx

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Hi Willie my elderly dad had this jab, he is also Asthmatic ( but luckily no big major health problems) and he has just had his 91st birthday <3 :D

Reactions: 6 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Unsure what ha
Unsure what happened there but Nor had i heard of anyone having that jab either but was told because was diabetec had to have it .....I must say i hate needles but have the flu jab every year even though it darn hurts me for days afterwareds

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

>>>>>>>>

Sorry about that.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

You Willie, are never a plonker :eek: that's Rodney....... in the TV comedy O F A H :hilarious:

C

chris lowe

Just to be on the safe side I'll pour myself a last Canadian Club and diet lemonade (just today not forever!!!) and drink to our good heath. Cheers all.:joyful: