Flu vaccination - horrible numbers

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had flu vac yesterday. Today horrible numbers, highest 11 something. If it is the vaccination I will ride it out but how long does it last for? Insulin for steroids seem to have no effect.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my flu jab last Friday and waited for the rise in blood sugars which I’m sure I’ve had before but nothing happen this time. Please but puzzled!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the youngsters one too and didn’t see any effect on bg or anywhere else - not even a sore arm. I think this is the first year they’ve had different vaccines for under and over 65s isn’t it?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the youngsters one too and didn’t see any effect on bg or anywhere else - not even a sore arm. I think this is the first year they’ve had different vaccines for under and over 65s isn’t it?

I thought they started it last year, could be wrong though. I had very little reaction to this one. I hope it works! :nailbiting:

Reactions: DJC3

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I thought they started it last year, could be wrong though. I had very little reaction to this one. I hope it works! :nailbiting:

Yes, they started the extra one for older people last year.
A sore arm with slight swelling means that you already had some immunity to at least one of the strains in the vaccine.
People retain some immunity to the flu strains they have encountered during their lives, although age and other things can weaken this immunity.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Youngster one. Sore arm, numbers much the same

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I normally end up with a very tender shoulder (ie. it doesn't hurt unless I touch it or brush it against something, or roll onto it overnight), mines tomorrow but I'm expecting a tender/sore arm.
I normally manage to catch a cold fairly soon after said vaccination (probably cos my immune system is fussing over said vaccine and so the colds that are loitering in the office just saunter straight in) which can affect my BS but I think its the cold doing that rather than the vaccine.