IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Listen again to You & Yours, Thursday.

Nutritionists, Dietitians, Nutritional Therapist - who is qualified &/or regulated :?:

ally5555

and the ans is yes dietitian - did they tell u about the nutr therpaist who caused brain damage from a detox diet and she is still practising - I would be dead.
Did u know that if u call yourself a dietitian and u are not you could end up in court!

Ill listen later!

Some of these quacks do weekend courses and no supervision!AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
ally5555 said:
and the ans is yes dietitian - did they tell u about the nutr therpaist who caused brain damage from a detox diet and she is still practising - I would be dead.
Did u know that if u call yourself a dietitian and u are not you could end up in court!

Ill listen later!

Some of these quacks do weekend courses and no supervision! AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's the one, Ally.

ally5555

just listened and relied and it seems to have gone to a black hole!

I know cath collins and she is brill!

I ma just out so ill post later or tom - going for a beer!!

ally5555

this is a subject that makes my blood boil - anyone can call themselves a nutritionist and there are quite a few high profile ones like gillian mckeith and john briffa.

I have alot of run ins with nutr therapists and alot of patients and private clients who have been to one and the info has been awful.

Here is one of my favourites. i saw an 11 tear old girl at the surgery about a year a go , she was referred because she had tummy pain and an awful diet - she was constipated. She had been taken to see one of thes people the night before and had an allergy test (joke) and suprise suprise she had muliple allergies so she got a list and about 400 pounds worth of supplements and was sent home with the comment the dietitian will call me a liar! i called her more than a liar - we sorted her diet and her tummy pain went she lost some wt and was well. The woman hounded them for months to buy more and more supplements - this is not isloted.

Dietitians are not alowed to sell supplements or promote individual products - if I suggest something i have to give more than one example - i am not promoting this at all but if i told someone to use Flora i would have to give another example like Bertolli. I have to say it is a little frustrating on times but we a have strict code of conduct.

I will get off soap box but earlier I had a call from from a company who were looking for someone qualified as the nutritionist they had been using had no qualifications what so ever and when they sent me what she had produced I was gald thet had sussed her out!