Food Tracker

stevesellars

Afternoon all.

Whats the best free app to track my food. Everyone that I've tried have in-app purchase one which was given the best reviews you have to subscribe after the first day.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you actually need one?
I have been doing low carb since the early 1970s and used a couple of postcards to check what veges to buy and that was all it took.
There does seem to be a tendency to over complicate things.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that with any tracker you need to enter your own foods, whether items from the supermarket or your own meals as relying on entries from others led to too many inaccuracies. Having done it for a while, I no longer bother - and if for some reason I wanted to start again, I’d just use a simple spreadsheet.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just use Excel spreadsheets

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Carb Manager, the free version initially, but didn't need it after a few months

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all.

Whats the best free app to track my food. Everyone that I've tried have in-app purchase one which was given the best reviews you have to subscribe after the first day.
I find myfitnesspal to be very useful for that. There is a free version plus an option to upgrade for more features. I have not found any need to use the “ pay extra for” features. I was also able to use an option to share my entries with my dietician which she found very useful when I was first diagnosed and still trying to figure things out.