1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

food Yes or No

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by old sparky, Jan 22, 2018.

1. old sparky

old sparky Type 2 · Active Member

Hi Resurgam
    My mornings start with one toast crumpet or toast 19/20g carbs 0: 9:00hrs
    Lunch time either fish or cheese or sliced ham 5-6g 13:00 hrs
    Tea time again a sandwich (half slice) cheese or ham 18:00 sometime have a slimming world meal but making sure its under 10g carbs
    thats it unless I feel like a treat of a few (5) crisps
    Keep feeling tired all the time, but put it down to old age, and my depression doesn't help, I don't test myself as my quack advised against it????
    well done for the remission bit. I need to lose about 4 stone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Key_master_

Key_master_ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Excellent quote @Guzzler a carb is a carb.. brilliant!! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. old sparky

old sparky Type 2 · Active Member

You know I like that "A carb is a carb" but you forgot unless its a fuel injector. (sorry couldn't resist that, old motorcycle habits die hard)
    but you are absolutely right by cutting down on my carbs I know its better for me, and I do love my red meat, without the chips now.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook