Foot spa

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi folks,
this may seem a stupid question, i have a foot spa which has vibrating control. I have read on some other items, not for use for diabetics! Of course i no longer have the instructions, and Andrew (T1 son) is mad keen to use it. Is it safe? i know feet can be a tricky area, ie neuropathy ect, his feet are free of cuts abrasions, verrucas ect.
Thanks in advance,
Suzi x

saz1

The foot spa question has puzzled me too and I use them but you must be very stringent with the water temperatures if there's any neuropathy present. The several doctors who I have spoken to don't see a problem as long as you are very careful. There can even be some benefit since foot care is important for usanyway. So monitor the use and avoid excessive times and hot water. :wink:

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Thanks Saz1,
I've found it to be very useful for him to wash his feet in and he does love the massaging feature, just have to limit the time he spends in it. If he had his way he'd come out with feet like shrivelled prunes!
Anything to make him wash his feet, pity i couldn't squeeze the rest of him in it :lol:
Suzi x

Spiral

I think a lot of that advice is given on the basis that diabetics can have serious problems with their feet and it is covering their backs. If you don't have loss of sensation, I don't thnk there would be a problem. I'd adopt the same approach to water temperature as for bathing a baby! I have been considering getting one as I do have some problems with my feet, but not diabetic related!

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I was told by my diabetic nurse not to use foot spas's!! Will damage my feet?! I've got no neuropathy at all never mind my feet so why can't I use it? Just can't, i was told. :(

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi gillyh.

I have used a Scholl Foot Spa for years with no problems at all.

So long as you are aware of the possible pitfalls, as pointed out by Spiral in an earlier post here, then go ahead and use them. I have just bought a new one to replace the old one and I will continue to use it. I am always very careful about the temperature and if I have cuts or grazes, an infection don't use it until they are healed. If the water is too hot then you must ensure that you check your Bg levels and if you are on Insulin or other hypo inducing meds then be more careful !