1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Forgot to take my medication yesterday

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by DannyS, Nov 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DannyS

DannyS Type 2 · Member

Hi I forgot to take any of my diabetes meds yesterday. My blood levels thismorning fasting was 10.0 is this a reasonable leyel for me missing a day?

Thanks for any comments.

Danny

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Could you let us know what meds you are taking and what is your normal fasting blood glucose level?

3. DannyS

DannyS Type 2 · Member

Not sure what my fasting levels are it is so long since I have taken them as I feel I have my diabetes under control. The med I take are Metformin 500mg (2 a day one breakfast time & one dinner time) Glimepride 2mg morning & Candersartan Cilexetil 8mg morning (the Candersartan is for blood pressure.

Danny

4. Angelofthemarches

Angelofthemarches Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Would probably help to start testing again. I just find it all sneaks away out of control if I stop. But i am controlling with diet only.

5. T2#Me

T2#Me · Well-Known Member

Very easy thing to do ... do you use a daily chart to remind you? It's the only thing works for me :)

6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

You could set an alarm on your phone? I do that for my evening dose as it’s one solitary pill so easy to forget. I remember the morning dose as I have other pills to take then

7. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I always used to forget my meds. Am on several per day at different times. I now have a dose box which helps alot.
    I would suggest you start testing again

8. Derbysocks

Derbysocks Type 2 · Active Member

I think that is ok. Mine would be high teens to mid 20 ‘s if I forgot my meds

9. DannyS

DannyS Type 2 · Member

Thanks for all the replys, yes I think I should resume testing.

Cheers Danny.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook