Forum members talents?

S

Sable_Jan

I think being crafty/handy/artistic, able to craft things for one's home is definitely a talent! I know I'd love to be able to do it.

I played the piano from age 7 until about 40. I couldn't afford to ship my piano here and there is no room for it anyway. I was never much good, so no huge loss. I played the organ at church when I was a kid and I played the French horn in my high school orchestra; again I wasn't much good but it was a small school so not much competition. :D I love to sketch but again, I'm rubbish at it. LOL!
And I know from reading some of your recent posts you have a talent for putting empathy across using a forum post. Its not easy showing true understanding this way ....

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice voice @gemma6549 .

I was in a band once. Then it all got rather silly... I also like to dabble in video editing.. lol

Reactions: 9 people
K

Kat100

I think being crafty/handy/artistic, able to craft things for one's home is definitely a talent! I know I'd love to be able to do it.

I played the piano from age 7 until about 40. I couldn't afford to ship my piano here and there is no room for it anyway. I was never much good, so no huge loss. I played the organ at church when I was a kid and I played the French horn in my high school orchestra; again I wasn't much good but it was a small school so not much competition. :D I love to sketch but again, I'm rubbish at it. LOL!
Yes for me to DIY , would be a great talent for me ... Wish I was creative with talents to make things ...x

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast Please will you pm me the instructions for making the blind I've been looking for some instructions for ages, you are so clever, its defo a talent to be able to make these.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes for me to DIY , would be a great talent for me ... Wish I was creative with talents to make things ...x

So fallgal is rubbish at most of the above, well, that must be a talent in it's self, bless her :D

Reactions: 5 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW, that's me in tears, just stunningly beautiful, I am so moved by it and your voice is absolutely enchanting X loved it, thank you , RRB x what a talent :)
It's surprising how much talent there is knocking about on this site and it's not until you ask, do you get.
Talent to me comes in all shapes and forms. Some people have a talent for picking things up straight away while some take a little longer but get there in the end.
Having a go at making something for the first time could involve a lot of research first before actually picking up the tools needed to make the item. To me that requires a controlled mind that can focus on the job in hand. Mistakes can be costly as I only too well know but if made correctly first time without any previous experience, isn't that classed as a talent..........................or was it just luck?
Making things yourself instead of buying them ready made saves money. Isn't that a talent?
So good for you Robin and Jan for having a go, there's plenty out there that wouldn't......................because they think they can't. thumbs_up.gif PS Robin, you didn't send me the instructions for the blind, although I could try to find some on the t'internet as I'm Talented like that.

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast Please will you pm me the instructions for making the blind I've been looking for some instructions for ages, you are so clever, its defo a talent to be able to make these.

Of course I will, I look at things and think, ooooh I wonder if I could make a.......... or could I put it round the other way, or add things to something. But my window is tiny, 14 x14 inches. I will pm you later on, RRB x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's surprising how much talent there is knocking about on this site and it's not until you ask, do you get.
Talent to me comes in all shapes and forms. Some people have a talent for picking things up straight away while some take a little longer but get there in the end.
Having a go at making something for the first time could involve a lot of research first before actually picking up the tools needed to make the item. To me that requires a controlled mind that can focus on the job in hand. Mistakes can be costly as I only too well know but if made correctly first time without any previous experience, isn't that classed as a talent..........................or was it just luck?
Making things yourself instead of buying them ready made saves money. Isn't that a talent?
So good for you Robin and Jan for having a go, there's plenty out there that wouldn't......................because they think they can't.View attachment 13062 PS Robin, you didn't send me the instructions for the blind, although I could try to find some on the t'internet as I'm Talented like that.

Sorry adrian, I will pm you about how I made it and Sd as well, :) BFN ps I will have ago at most things, I used to draw as well, but haven't done that for donkeys years, but my son is a very talented artist, just as a hobby though, he's very talented :D <3 my oldest brother is too.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Of course I will, I look at things and think, ooooh I wonder if I could make a.......... or could I put it round the other way, or add things to something. But my window is tiny, 14 x14 inches. I will pm you later on, RRB x

Thanks so much, I used to knit for the children and family, loved doing Intarsia and Aran, but since my diagnosis of PVIFS I can't hold the tension, I still sew with the machine though, making bits for the granddaughters, and am thinking the blind will be perfect for my bathroom,

Reactions: 5 people