Forum members talents?

S

Sable_Jan

The quote thingy bits are screwed up now. When I replied it shows half quoted and half like I've typed it.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I always keep bits and bobs in my cupboards, just in case. Here is one of the same :)

webcam-toy-photo101.jpg
So go and make something :D

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I made this gate last summer.... Took me a week.... All hand screwed too, boy did my wrists ache....hence the week. Slowly, slowly, catchee Monkey as they say ;)
Good strong looking gate there Jan. Blimey, we do have some talented members on here, don't we.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good strong looking gate there Jan. Blimey, we do have some talented members on here, don't we.
Thanks Adrian. Has to be to keep the dogs in and the reason for screws not nails. Flooring grade t&g... Held together with recycled timber from an old bed base.... I was 1/4 inch out on measurements so ended up shaving some off but went smoothly otherwise. As you can tell its much wider than a standard opening, hence the need to make it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Adrian. Has to be to keep the dogs in and the reason for screws not nails. Flooring grade t&g... Held together with recycled timber from an old bed base.... I was 1/4 inch out on measurements so ended up shaving some off but went smoothly otherwise. As you can tell its much wider than a standard opening, hence the need to make it.

Where's the photo of the gate adrian mentioned ? thanks x

ps I built/ made a rockery in my back garden a few years ago now :)

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very interesting but what has all this got to do with member's talents?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I made this gate last summer.... Took me a week.... All hand screwed too, boy did my wrists ache....hence the week. Slowly, slowly, catchee Monkey as they say ;)

That looks a good solid gate Jan, well done :)

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW.......................................Gemma has asked me to add this song on here for her. Turn your sound on

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very interesting but what has all this got to do with member's talents?

I think being crafty/handy/artistic, able to craft things for one's home is definitely a talent! I know I'd love to be able to do it.

I played the piano from age 7 until about 40. I couldn't afford to ship my piano here and there is no room for it anyway. I was never much good, so no huge loss. I played the organ at church when I was a kid and I played the French horn in my high school orchestra; again I wasn't much good but it was a small school so not much competition. :D I love to sketch but again, I'm rubbish at it. LOL!