Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D:D:D !did esle enoemos - hguoht pu taht ekam t'ndid I

I have no problem reading back-to-front or upside down - it's a side benefit of being cack handed...I have
slightly weirdly wired brain... Apparently I wrote back to front when i was first learning to write...

Robbity

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ever tried a didgeridoo? I tried but couldn't do the circular breathing at all so never got anywhere with it!
I've never tried a didgeridoo mate but I mastered how to throw a boomerang and make it land within feet of where I stood.:happy:

K

Kat100

I could never breathe right for any wind instruments..... :(
I think from memory it takes a certain technique , it's not just puff and blow ..lots of skill involved ...I could never get the breathing right ...
Think I must have been blowing wrong ....
I managed the scales though ...:)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ever tried a didgeridoo? I tried but couldn't do the circular breathing at all so never got anywhere with it!
More of a digeridon't - I think its the same breathing technique as for bagpipes if I remember rightly .... just not got the lungs for it....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

:D:D:D !did esle enoemos - hguoht pu taht ekam t'ndid I

I have no problem reading back-to-front or upside down - it's a side benefit of being cack handed...I have
slightly weirdly wired brain... Apparently I wrote back to front when i was first learning to write...

Robbity
I can actually write "mirror writing" as far as doing it back to front goes - not the upside down bit though. I can only do it with my left hand - mind you not tried it for years so mayb am now out of practice.....

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I think from memory it takes a certain technique , it's not just puff and blow ..lots of skill involved ...I could never get the breathing right ...
The weighing scales or the musical scales? Could've been fish scales I guess :D

When we were being taught to sing stuff that had long notes our music teacher would mouthe "and breathe" so we took the breath in the right places.....

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course it does - I'm sure it takes a lot of skill.......
Personally, I think there's a distinction to be drawn between skill and talent. Skill is the ability to do something well, usually as a result of experience practice and training - that would probably describe me as a helmsman.

Talent is an instinctive flair for something. That talent may be further developed by experience, practice etc but it implies a base level of ability that is far in excess of the norm. To take my sailing analogy further, the teenaged son of friends of ours is a member of RYA Team GBR (I think that's what it's called :)). Basically, he is a member of the small squad from which future Olympic yachtsmen will be drawn. He has worked hard to achieve what he has done but his starting point was at a level far above anything I have ever managed whilst in control of a boat. That's talent! :)

Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to get the breathing technique right Kat. I remember at school the teacher used to say "inhale ...................and breathe, inhale ..............and breathe" and we used to sit there for what seemed to be ages inhaling and breathing. It did seem to work though in a strange sort of way.

K

Kat100

Ha
You need to get the breathing technique right Kat. I remember at school the teacher used to say "inhale ...................and breathe, inhale ..............and breathe" and we used to sit there for what seemed to be ages inhaling and breathing. It did seem to work though in a strange sort of way.
haha ....You would have an unusual teacher :happy: but lack of oxygen is a worry ... Were your hands on your head as well :joyful:
These days I burn my oils to breath ....:rolleyes: Lovely herbs .... Lemon grass now I love burning and breathing that ....kat x
Lavender is nice but not strong enough ...x

K

Kat100

The weighing scales or the musical scales? Could've been fish scales I guess :D

When we were being taught to sing stuff that had long notes our music teacher would mouthe "and breathe" so we took the breath in the right places.....
Lol music teacher .... Memories ...

Reactions: 2 people