Not open for further replies.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@satindoll Dumbasses referred to the users on facebook making stupid comments on thread links posted by DCUK.

Reactions: 3 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've already made my views clear on whether people should have been aware that threads were/are being shared.

Thank you for the clarification, I thought your comment about dumbasses included the above, I stand corrected and apologise for any discomfort and distress I may have caused.

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Dumbass No satindoll, naive, possibly, like me too and probably many, many others. We have some knowledge of what may take place on the Internet, fraud, gossip, slander, out and out war amongst people, bullying, the list is endless, but it's the little things that we may see as insignificant and not related to us,:eek: actually are :oops: Then once you start digging ,it can be like a minefield.:eek:

'It is human to err' Le Corbusier ( 1887 - 1965)

I found this site by googling Diabetes support.

RRB x
My gp told me to use this site ....
Not dumbass ( new word for me ) just in need of support ....

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We still need to resolve the issue though .....

Yes but we don't want to split the forum into them and us, that would be a disaster, maybe as has been suggested a request to OP's and those who reply asking if they mind their posts being linked, if they do no linked post if not then yes, not rocket science

Reactions: 5 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
19 pages and still going around in circles. Some here don't care about links to FB, some are still very much against it. @anna29 has promised @Giverny and @admin are on the case and looking into this. Why don't we just give them a couple more days ?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
19 pages and still going around in circles. Some here don't care about links to FB, some are still very much against it. @anna29 has promised @Giverny and @admin are on the case and looking into this. Why don't we just give them a couple more days ?

We are aware that it is being looked at and understand the delay, then again its mainly because we don't want it to fall off the end of the page and be forgotten, also because some are reluctant to post spontaneously because of the not knowing whether their post will end being put as a link on FB. without their knowledge.

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Yes but we don't want to split the forum into them and us, that would be a disaster, maybe as has been suggested a request to OP's and those who reply asking if they mind their posts being linked, if they do no linked post if not then yes, not rocket science
Yes I am all for finding a simple answer to please everyone ...a resolution to a problem raised and discussed ....
I don't like us and them or splits I did not mean that ....:)

But there is a split at the momrent between different groups ....those being us the members and others who are not members but make comments which was highlighted in the op post .....and which has been discussed ...and is open for all to discuss ....

I guess , I was just thinking to myself about will this thread ever have any feedback to points raised ....
I am not sure who the feedback should be from ...I did not mean from members though ....

K

Kat100

We are aware that it is being looked at and understand the delay, then again its mainly because we don't want it to fall off the end of the page and be forgotten, also because some are reluctant to post spontaneously because of the not knowing whether their post will end being put as a link on FB. without their knowledge.
No we don't want it to just disappear ....the subject is to big and emotive for that

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I am all for finding a simple answer to please everyone ...a resolution to a problem raised and discussed ....
I don't like us and them or splits I did not mean that ....:)

But there is a split at the momrent between different groups ....those being us the members and others who are not members but make comments which was highlighted in the op post .....and which has been discussed ...and is open for all to discuss ....

I guess , I was just thinking to myself about will this thread ever have any feedback to points raised ....
I am not sure who the feedback should be from ...I did not mean from members though ....

Beautifully put Kat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
At the bottom of the page (thread) it has this :-

f Like 2 people like this. Be the first of your friends.
Any updates on the subject @admin, @Administrator @Giverny ??? as it would be very beneficial to the members, as we are over 300 posts now on this thread :wideyed: wow :)

Many thanks,
RRB:)

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 83869

At the bottom of the page (thread) it has this :-

f Like 2 people like this. Be the first of your friends.
Any updates on the subject @admin, @Administrator @Giverny ??? as it would be very beneficial to the members, as we are over 300 posts now on this thread :wideyed: wow :)

Many thanks,
RRB:)

Referring to the 2 people like this don't that mean the actual site?? orr??? x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ah, Nicola I'm assuming it's the threads content ? but like you, a little unsure :wideyed:

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I don't mind it - i think sharing is better for ALL - I follow DCUK here and on fb and on twitter x i know my hba1c went down because of advice i read from other people here :) x

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It has been great to see a (polite :)) discussion on the pros/cons of this as discussion is always healthy.

After reviewing DCUK activity on Facebook, we are of the understanding that there is no difference in sharing posts on Facebook compared to the way the forum is indexed by Google. Forum threads are simply linked to - popular posts and particular posts that encourage discussion and debate. One of the concerns listed was privacy. Privacy is of utmost importance. You can review you privacy settings at http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/account/privacy - for complete clarity and reassurance, NO private information can be seen by anyone who is NOT a member of the forum. Whether you come from Google, Facebook or even Pinterest - all people can see, when they come to the forum is your post. To clarify, only members of Diabetes.co.uk’s Facebook page are able to see the threads that are posted on Facebook - and when they click on it, they will only see what anyone from Google would also see - the thread, and nothing else.

We're passionate about changing health. And the community IS changing health outcomes for people who join. As mentioned in an earlier post, by connecting people and engaging, the health of Diabetes Forum members is improving. 73% of forum members stated they improved their understanding of diabetes as a result of using the Diabetes Forum, 44% of members improved their blood glucose control and 55% of forum members improved their diet choices. The success stories speak for themselves – sharing is working. Connecting and talking to each other is affecting people’s choices, thinking, and health outcomes.

The Diabetes Forum is not just helping people, it’s changing scientific understanding. A prime example is Low carbohydrate diet to achieve weight loss and improve HbA1c in type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes: experience from one general practice where the Diabetes Forum is cited as being popular in highlighting the adoption of a low carbohydrate diet as a way of achieving weight loss and improving HbA1c in patients, despite the approach being 'generally frowned upon in the UK'. It’s taken a decade for low-carb to be accepted as a valid approach to diet for people with diabetes – and it is the postings, comments and threads from the Diabetes Forum that has influenced, and is continuing to influence this understanding. We, the diabetes community, are changing the future for people with diabetes. And, this is only possible if we’re able to openly share and engage.

One of the concerns raised was that separate discussions on Facebook were both unmoderated and continued without the OP being aware of what was being said. Again, to clarify - Facebook is moderated. Just as spam can creep into any social community, it may also occur on Facebook. We are extremely active in ensuring that this is removed as soon as it is spotted. Also, in future, to resolve the concern that OPs could not see Facebook responses, we will copy/paste responses into the original threads for all to see.

Sharing and engaging is changing peoples' health and this is the future of digital healthcare.

Today, we're launching Blogs, where users can blog about whatever they want. Write a story, tell people about your day, about what you're eating, or anything else. We have implemented a feature where users can choose whether their blogs are private, public or available to friends/followers only. We debated as to whether to implement this on the forum, however this is both extremely difficult on a technical level, and, with sharing and engagement improving peoples' health against the benefit and ethos of this community... here's to improving health outcomes.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.