Forum update: issues, bugs, comments and praise

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like it. (Except for the 'dislike' button, which I think is going to cause some open warfare in the near future...)

Do I have to click on my name (top R) in order to check for green flags, or will they automatically appear?

@SweetLucie
There is an option to tone the colours down by switching to a monochrome scheme.
If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen underneath the Tweet icon, there is a dropdown box offering 'Mild' or 'red'.
Click to choose, and you should get a greyer or redder version.

Not sure if the dropdown is visible on all platforms...

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm another one with no green dot, and I'm on-line and typing.

I quite like the larger font and avatars.

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
why has the disagree button gone? shouldnt all members have got a say in it rather than getting rid of it only hours after it was installed? only 1 person said they didnt like it on this thread after all!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
why has the disagree button gone? shouldnt all members have got a say in it rather than getting rid of it only hours after it was installed? only 1 person said they didnt like it on this thread after all!

It was discussed at length in the thread on which we were asked for our opinions and what we would like to see/not to see in the new format. The majority didn't want it because of potential problems and disharmony.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May we also be able to see which mods are online?

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the difference between 'New Posts' and 'Recent Posts' - the view seems exactly the same to me.

Used to think that 'unanswered' threads was really useful, why has that gone?
I can't see new or recent posts at all on my iphone? Am I looking in wrong place??

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No green dot on my name and I would like to like and agree at the same time too - so far I like the changes :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I like the new format and like others am happy there is no "Dislike" button, it would cause tension amongst members.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Looks very strange but will get used to the new style, trying to work out how to like a post

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
We can see it?
Yes, there is always an avatar - sometimes it's the picture of me which is my current avatar and sometimes it's of Audrey Hepburn which was my original avatar when I joined the forum. Keeps things interesting though :) :)

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
The changes make the forum look great - if you are a 12 year old shrieking over their first message using emojis. Just use facebook its easier.

additionally a user I have put on ignore is still showing posts in this thread when I am logged in. What else do I have to do to ensure I do not see their posts?