Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
One really annoying bug ..... if there's a 38 page thread, it reads back (say) to page 37 36 35 34 and then a box where it's "..."

If it's a two page thread, it shows 2 in the box but in the page 1 box? It's "..."

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The changes make the forum look great - if you are a 12 year old shrieking over their first message using emojis. Just use facebook its easier.

additionally a user I have put on ignore is still showing posts in this thread when I am logged in. What else do I have to do to ensure I do not see their posts?

Maybe un-ignore member in your profile settings, then re apply ignore again and see if that helps, if not, tag admin for some help.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of things from me @Giverny .

When viewing a loooong thread, where I am some way from up to date, if I use the symbol, replacing the button with .... on it, I can select another page, once. Should I want to jump ahead a few, or several pages again, the symbol is no longer present, so the only options available are "Next" and the most up to date page.

Secondly, if I elect to open a number of threads, in differing new tabs, forum style is erratic. Sometimes it is my preferred, and selected "Mild" style, but others are in the default "Red".

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, and browsing on Google Chrome. I haven't cross referenced either of these points on any other OS or browser.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, there is always an avatar - sometimes it's the picture of me which is my current avatar and sometimes it's of Audrey Hepburn which was my original avatar when I joined the forum. Keeps things interesting though :) :)
I have an old version of my avatar, too.
Though I must say, I am feeling quite nostalgic when I see that there are others with their former avatars. I would like my updated avatar back please. The fluffy duck one is so last year.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Though I must say, I am feeling quite nostalgic when I see that there are others with their former avatars. I would like my updated avatar back please. The fluffy duck one is so last year.

Pipp - I see you lifting a horse?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
additionally a user I have put on ignore is still showing posts in this thread when I am logged in. What else do I have to do to ensure I do not see their posts?

Sorry about that.. ;) I normally cover my stuff with a "post it note", then peel of shortly before "post reply"? :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I just had to change mine back again.. o_O

I'm loving yer fluffy duck though.. But alas, fear it may not float in water...?!

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Pipp - I see you lifting a horse?

That's what I see too. I don't make too much fuss re forum changes, the new look will take some getting used to but that's ok. The comments raised about the pages and 1, 2, .... etc I totally agree with, they are the same on another forum I use and it drives me nuts having to go forward and back a couple pages at a time, especially with a very long thread. I like the numbered post count in a thread. I haven't investigated the rainbows and stuff at the bottom of the posts, think it looks a bit childish to be honest (although I'll probably end up using them!) and I'm not quite sure of their purpose.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what I see too. I don't make too much fuss re forum changes, the new look will take some getting used to but that's ok. The comments raised about the pages and 1, 2, .... etc I totally agree with, they are the same on another forum I use and it drives me nuts having to go forward and back a couple pages at a time, especially with a very long thread. I like the numbered post count in a thread. I haven't investigated the rainbows and stuff at the bottom of the posts, think it looks a bit childish to be honest (although I'll probably end up using them!) and I'm not quite sure of their purpose.
I just found out what the "rainbow" does... I'm optimistic you'll soon find out too.

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you just give me a carrot? Thanks...!

C

chris lowe

When I get notification & tap on the flag the screen darkens & the right hand side goes blank. If the App hasn't changed I will use that instead. Don't know why you have to mess around with the format, unless it's to keep someone occupied & out of mischief . Don't like it at all

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Giverny
I just noticed that my profile as an avatar of someone I am supposed to be following.
As I don't show favouritism, I choose not to follow anybody. Though in reality I try to keep up with all members' posts.
A minor glitch, as I am finding the new style in monochrome easy on the eye.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me again. :) <<<< my very best pedant's smile

Should I choose to view a blog entry, it displays in the "Red" forum style, not my usual "Mild" option. This could be how it is intended, but if it is, my comment would be that after using Mild forr a while, the Red format is almost retina-brurningly-bright.

This is on Win 10 Pro, browsing in Google Chrome; a different laptop to last night, just for information.

@Giverny, I bet you just can't wait until I have time to log log on via an Apple device with Safari. :D